Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bravos' $10K live challenge yo! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369982)

bravos1 04-02-2007 02:28 AM

Bravos\' $10K live challenge yo!

OK.. so I like goals, and I like setting them high. So I have decided to start a self inflicted challenge.

Here are the details:

Beginning as of Jan-2007, I will try to earn $10K playing mostly 6/12 & 8/16 by the end of June 2008. This will include any live limit play (NL and spread limit will not be included, but I rarely play these games). There will likely be some 15/30 and 20/40 hands as well from trips to Vegas and occasionally playing the local 20/40.

I will try to play about 25hrs a month on avg. and will need to run around 1.25-1.5BB/hr or so.

I will also report updates on a monthy (hopefully) basis.

So here is my first update for Jan-Mar.

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1007/janmareh0.jpg

only $7821 to go....

Bilgefisher 04-02-2007 02:37 AM

Re: Bravos\' $10K live challenge yo!

Good luck...hope to see the updates!

00Snitch 04-02-2007 02:54 AM

Cool bravos1. I think the hardest part of this challenge is holding on to your roll and not splashing it on hookers and blow. Well, at least thats my problem when building a live roll.

A few questions:

- How do you do your record keeping?
- Do you keep it in your head til you get home then write it down?
- Do you take notes at the table (you must look like a tool if you do this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])?
- What stats do you record? Just dollars and hours played?

I ask all this because I started trying to do it when I was playing live lots. It just seemed like a pain keeping it up. I used to try and record dollars and hands. I just kept losing track of the number of hands I palyed in a session and I didn't wanna look like the afore mentioned tool and keep notes at the table.

I only ever played one limit (5/10) so that was easy enough for me. Are you keeping you winnings as a long term roll?

bravos1 04-02-2007 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool bravos1. I think the hardest part of this challenge is holding on to your roll and not splashing it on hookers and blow. Well, at least thats my problem when building a live roll.

A few questions:

- How do you do your record keeping?

[/ QUOTE ]
I record everything in excel
[ QUOTE ]

- Do you keep it in your head til you get home then write it down?

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually write it down in the car when my session is over. If my session happens to be after work, I usually just put it in my computer while still in the parking lot.
[ QUOTE ]

- Do you take notes at the table (you must look like a tool if you do this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah... I have a hard enough time paying total attention to the table while not in the hand as it is... no need to make that any worse, plus I have a decent memory for remembering hands to post, etc.
[ QUOTE ]

- What stats do you record? Just dollars and hours played?

[/ QUOTE ]
I record the following : Location, Date, Start time, session length, limit, and $$ results. I calculate a few additional things from those items.[ QUOTE ]

I ask all this because I started trying to do it when I was playing live lots. It just seemed like a pain keeping it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to keep up if you don't let it pile up and fall behind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

I used to try and record dollars and hands. I just kept losing track of the number of hands I palyed in a session and I didn't wanna look like the afore mentioned tool and keep notes at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you count hands?
[ QUOTE ]

I only ever played one limit (5/10) so that was easy enough for me. Are you keeping you winnings as a long term roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am keeping my winnings towards building a larger roll which will only be used for playing since I won't need the money for anything else.

nichtsnutz 04-02-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just kept losing track of the number of hands I palyed in a session and I didn't wanna look like the afore mentioned tool and keep notes at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8f/97/f1bc_1_b.JPG

fretelöo 04-02-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just kept losing track of the number of hands I palyed in a session and I didn't wanna look like the afore mentioned tool and keep notes at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8f/97/f1bc_1_b.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I hope it has some bell implemented, like those old cashiers. *rrrinngriiinngggggg after each hand - awesome.

martybonus 04-02-2007 05:16 AM

at one live game i played, we used a buzzer from a board game.

so when the fish hit their miracle two-outer on the river after calling down with BP...

BZZZZZZZZZZ.

00Snitch 04-02-2007 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How did you count hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

My game uses $1 chips as ante. So I used to pocket one (un-noticed) every time I posted a big blind. That way I had one for (roughly) every ten hands I played at the end of my session.

Keeping one of those counters in my pocket my be a good idea but!

The thing is, I tend to draw enough attention to myself by the fact that I play half the number of hands everyone else does. I don't want the added attention of showing that I am keeping recrods to make me look more like I am taking it seriously.

V4P 04-02-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I will try to play about 25hrs a month on avg. and will need to run around{b] 1.25-1.5BB/hr [/b]or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have the games gotten tougher?

bravos1 04-02-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will try to play about 25hrs a month on avg. and will need to run around{b] 1.25-1.5BB/hr [/b]or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have the games gotten tougher?

[/ QUOTE ]

No... but I doubt I will actually get the 25 hrs/month.

Plus I saw 2 of my favorite fish get into a fight last week and got themselves banned for some period of time. I also saw a HUGE donator get perma-banned because she picked up a dealers wallet off the floor and took it into the ladies room and removed the cash and left the wallet in the stall.