Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Indianapolis @ Baltimore opens at -4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300240)

MCS 01-06-2007 08:39 PM

Indianapolis @ Baltimore opens at -4

I grabbed Baltimore -4 (-105) and expected the line to jump up quickly.

Why is Baltimore not getting pounded? Is it just respect for the Colts' performance today?

Homer 01-06-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Indianapolis @ Baltimore opens at -4

I'm pissed I got red-screened on u42. That is all.

MCS 01-06-2007 08:45 PM

I did too. It went to 40 super-fast.

MacGuyV 01-06-2007 08:50 PM

Honestly I expected the bandwagon effect to springboard a smaller opening number. Maybe that was just wishful thinking though.

MCS 01-06-2007 08:54 PM

I originally thought it would open at 6 but that maybe, MAYBE, today's game could push it down to 4.5. Shows what I know. Oh well. I like my bet.

Utah 01-06-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I originally thought it would open at 6 but that maybe, MAYBE, today's game could push it down to 4.5. Shows what I know. Oh well. I like my bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused. The Colts were god awful today. Why would you think their performance would move the line for Baltimore from -6 to -4.5?

Strickly Bidness 01-06-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I grabbed Baltimore -4 (-105) and expected the line to jump up quickly.

Why is Baltimore not getting pounded? Is it just respect for the Colts' performance today?

[/ QUOTE ]

does baltimore really have the offense to put up the necessary numbers to win this next week? I was also thinking of betting against the colts but im not sure.

hogua 01-06-2007 08:59 PM

actually pinny opened at 3 and it quickly moved to 4

MCS 01-06-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused. The Colts were god awful today. Why would you think their performance would move the line for Baltimore from -6 to -4.5?

[/ QUOTE ]

As McGahee put it, the bandwagon effect.

Everyone was worried about the defense and the defense looked good today. So I thought that the book would shade downward to account for the fact that people would be saying, "Wow, the Colts have their D together, look out." But maybe I just mis-capped the game.

Utah 01-06-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As McGahee put it, the bandwagon effect.

Everyone was worried about the defense and the defense looked good today. So I thought that the book would shade downward to account for the fact that people would be saying, "Wow, the Colts have their D together, look out." But maybe I just mis-capped the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see what you are saying. I think it was more of KC looking worse than any offense in playoff history. There were several simple drops for first downs that had nothing to do with Indy. If I recall, Kennison flat out dropped 2 passes for first downs on the first 2 drives.

I also thought Indy's offense didnt look that great and Peyton reverted back to Playoff Peyton. I mean they put up only 9 points in the first half against a defense they should have chewed up when the opposing team didnt get a first down. That is pretty awful. A defense like baltimore at home should chew them up.