Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Im so boring. Prs to be line check? NL100 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532477)

ama0330 10-27-2007 10:03 AM

Re: Im so boring. Prs to be line check? NL100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As a general rule, in raised pots I would check a straight and FD flop behind because I think that stacking off there is relatively unprofitable given that the type of hand that villain will stack off with is either ahead or has excellent equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah don't do this either. bet-bet-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so your line in a situation where you raise pre with AA, villain flats IP, flop 987 two tone, you lead and he raises? Flat call or b3b?

Jamougha 10-27-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As a general rule, in raised pots I would check a straight and FD flop behind because I think that stacking off there is relatively unprofitable given that the type of hand that villain will stack off with is either ahead or has excellent equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah don't do this either. bet-bet-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so your line in a situation where you raise pre with AA, villain flats IP, flop 987 two tone, you lead and he raises? Flat call or b3b?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fold, there is a world of diff between 987 and 954 though.

Requin 10-27-2007 10:40 AM

With 100BB it's not terrible to slowplay a bit on the flop vs. a guy who's passive (if he's aggro bet so he can bluff you). Stacks like this though I almost never slowplay. Turn is standard imo, river I'd prefer like a raise to 65 or something dumb/fold to rr.

sightless 10-27-2007 11:50 AM

I bet flop
Raise turn
as played river shove seems cool

ama0330 10-27-2007 12:01 PM

In the end he had KQss so I was getting stacked pretty much whatever happened, but this thread has taught me a lot so ty all for responses [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

markuisis 10-27-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont bet the flop because I dont want to bet/fold, and I think that very few hands of his just call on this board. I dont want to stack off on the flop because IMO the range of hands which I am ahead of there (which will call 100bb) is thin (basically only overpairs) and everything else either has pretty decent equity or just folds.

I guess the same goes on the turn, but then that makes my river shove really bad =(

On the river, his line fits a hand like KQ/AK with one spade so well that I figure I can shove for value.

Yes? No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur flop logic is poor, there r a lot of overpairs in villains range that will shove and u have very good equity against flush draws. Ur river shove is marginal IMO, CO sometimes plays a scared set this way and I dont think kq or sometimes ak pay off that river too often.

ikestoys 10-27-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont bet the flop because I dont want to bet/fold, and I think that very few hands of his just call on this board. I dont want to stack off on the flop because IMO the range of hands which I am ahead of there (which will call 100bb) is thin (basically only overpairs) and everything else either has pretty decent equity or just folds.

I guess the same goes on the turn, but then that makes my river shove really bad =(

On the river, his line fits a hand like KQ/AK with one spade so well that I figure I can shove for value.

Yes? No?

[/ QUOTE ]

::pukes a little::

you are very much ahead of the range you described