Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Raise from CO with King Six (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515362)

ATM 10-04-2007 05:16 AM

Raise from CO with King Six

Just wondering if it is ok to be raising in this spot pre flop. any comments on rest of hand appreciated as well.

Seat 1: execLV ($3.15 in chips)
Seat 2: €uromann ($0.35 in chips)
Seat 3: strader51 ($1.75 in chips)
Seat 4: WeAreFriends ($4.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Hero ($24.95 in chips)
Seat 6: cueboy147 ($9.55 in chips)
execLV: posts small blind $0.05
€uromann: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
strader51: folds
WeAreFriends: folds
Hero: raises $0.30 to $0.40
cueboy147: folds
execLV: calls $0.35
€uromann: calls $0.25 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
execLV: bets $0.20
Hero: raises $0.40 to $0.60
execLV: calls $0.40
*** TURN *** [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
execLV: bets $0.30
Hero: calls $0.30
*** RIVER *** [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
execLV: bets $1.85 and is all-in
Hero: calls $1.85

Nemesis69 10-04-2007 05:20 AM

Re: Raise from CO with King Six

I think this is rather an image and table issue. This is very, very, very read dependent imo.

I shove turn btw.

netstorm 10-04-2007 05:41 AM

Spew preflop, rest is fine

Frosteater 10-04-2007 05:49 AM

I'd say this is certainly a hand you can raise in that spot, but as Nemesis mentioned, it is read dependent. Usually I'd raise here, too, but if you have someone left to act who can't fold a hand for his life, this type of hand can get expensive pretty fast. Also the BB is really short so you are unlikely to take the pot down preflop. Again, a read dependent point, if you figure your hand ahead of his range, you might as well try to take the shortstack out of the game.

As for the rest of the hand, I second shove turn and actually either just call the flop or raise a bit more. It looks like you were raising to your drawing odds, but on the other hand it was a weak raise of a weak bet and it probably doesn't add much of fold equity and I think it's usually better to take a small pot down than facing a difficult turn decision. I'd make the raise somewhere between $0.8 and $1.2 , this also makes a shove on the turn easier and I don't think there's more of a thread of 3bet-push compared to your smaller raise.

DaycareInferno 10-04-2007 05:56 AM

i open raise Kxs from the CO almost automatically, and i'm 19/16. sometimes i wonder what the hell cards people DO play.

poker_n00b 10-04-2007 06:12 AM

For me, raising K6s in that spot would be for either of these reasons:

1)I want to get involved with loose passive stations with medium or bigger stacks, so that I can get paid off when I hit.

2)Über nits in the blinds that will fold waaaay too often.

In this spot you have loose players (I assume). One player with 30bb and the other with 95bb. I do not count the 3.5bb player.

I would fold this preflop, but if I had two 100bb loose stations in blinds I might raise.

On the turn I see a case of Fancy Play Syndrome.