Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Sick Sunday Hundred Grand Satellite Beat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460241)

Varkonyi Island 07-25-2007 08:14 AM

Sick Sunday Hundred Grand Satellite Beat

I wanted to post this yesterday after it happened, but I was too steamed and needed to sleep on it. I was playing in the $2.20 MTT Satellite to the Sunday Hundred Grand, and I found King-Ace in the small blind at the 15-30 blind level. Aggro player in the hijack makes it 150. Now, normally, I like to slow play King-Ace and would have just called, but I knew this guy would call a push with lots of inferior hands, so I pushed all my chips into the middle. I even typed in "all you can eat, baby" in the chat box to try to get a call. He thinks for a minute and calls, turning over Ace-Jack of diamonds. My King-Ace is way ahead! But then the flop came 8d 9d Qc, giving him both a straight and flush draw. The ten on the river gives him the pot, and I'm out. Sometimes I just can't get over the way these guys play. Definitely a sick beat.

HokieGreg 07-25-2007 08:15 AM

Re: Sick Sunday Hundred Grand Satellite Beat

shut up plz kthx

Asheh 07-25-2007 08:15 AM

[x] suck at life

bigticket 07-25-2007 08:16 AM

the real beat here is you are playing a 2.20 satellite into a $11 buy in tourney. end life.

Quagmyer 07-25-2007 08:26 AM

wow. instaban

greggg230 07-25-2007 08:27 AM

At higher stakes tournaments they respect your raises more

plzleenowhammy 07-25-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the real beat here is you are playing a 2.20 satellite into a $11 buy in tourney. end life.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually a lot of people are doing this to build $t or whatever it is.. they are incredibly soft sats and pretty much ez monies from what i hear..

i agree with the end life part tho

The Hag 07-25-2007 10:41 AM

wow, sick beat man. My soul got crushed just reading it let alone living through the horror.

At least you still have your hands and can play tomorrow amirite?

MyironThumb 07-25-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"all you can eat, baby"

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic, as you now can't even afford 2 cheeseburgers.

ul though. soul crushing

Sphere99991 07-25-2007 10:46 AM

Your problem is that you got your money in with King-Ace, which is clearly a dog to Ace-Jack. You should have waited until you got Ace-King, which would probably have won. Fish.