Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Micro tournament problems (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526002)

Rips 10-18-2007 06:04 PM

Micro tournament problems

First off a resume of my tournament experience.

- Various micro buyin tournaments on expekt (Many in the money, but none high)
- 8 x $3.30 25kg tournaments on stars (5 in the money)
- 16th place in FTP 500kg (Won sattelite to sattelite and won the other sattelite for 50 fpp)

What annoys me is that I seem to do decent in many tournaments, but never get any good results(except the 500kg, which is a one timer). I do play very offencive and build stack in the middle stages and I don't tighten up to get to a certain placement. If I get the lowest prices or not dosn't concern me. At bubble burst I tend to be about double the average stack. However I always seem to bust out vs a bigstack after the bubble has burst, or close after. I normally go in with the best hand but are gotten drown out on.

Overall I'm slightly up on the micro stakes tournaments, but I don't want to advance in stakes before I start placing a bit higher.

I know this isn't much to base an analysis on, but I don't have any software with hand history or stats. Has anyone been in a similar situation, and got a solution to my problem? What adjustments can I do?

Thanks,
Rips

kmg9000 10-18-2007 06:08 PM

Re: Micro tournament problems

move up to where they respect your raises. Worked for you in the $500k

Rips 10-18-2007 06:21 PM

I assume the quality of the players is more or less proportional with the buy-in cost, so at a higher tournament I will probably not get away with many of my plays, and always be below average. The $500k was most likely a 'once in a life time'.

Dschmeidreu 10-18-2007 06:24 PM

..........the players in higher limit MTT's are NO better than players in the lower limit MTT's.......and if they are any better its an extremely marginal amount.

[x] strategy in BBV

The 13th 4postle 10-18-2007 07:17 PM

Just play your best at all times, don't worry about strategy during the tournament, just play poker. You'll go farther I know it.

barncat 10-18-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move up to where they respect your raises. Worked for you in the $500k

[/ QUOTE ]

you waited 6 months to make this your first post [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

AE6 10-18-2007 07:39 PM

play better, play more?

Rips 10-18-2007 07:44 PM

Yes, I should definitely play more and get some more experience. I was just hoping someone had ideas for improvement. Tighten up more, don't push strong vulnerable hands, be more aggressive in middle stages to get a bigger chip advantages. Whatever advice, really ;]

aoFrantic 10-18-2007 07:55 PM

smallest sample size ever?

basementproject 10-18-2007 08:00 PM

Thou art not noble;
For all th'accommodations that thou bear'st are nurs'd by baseness.