Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   TD2-7 first round question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=427859)

MarkGritter 06-14-2007 11:56 PM

TD2-7 first round question

The more I play TD the less I understand it.

Say you're in the big blind at the Stars $5/$10 game. UTG raises, the SB makes it three bets, and you have 8643x. Both players already in the pot are regulars with more or less solid play.

Call, cap, or fold? Why?

If one of the players is pat, how far do you continue with the hand?

Would holding 8642 instead make any difference?

InWithTheBest 06-15-2007 12:27 AM

Re: TD2-7 first round question

Im capping because i think its pretty close and Id rather error on the side of gamboool. I also take any 1 card draw to an 86 to the river against a hand pat predraw. This may be a mistake, i dont know.

I dont think theres much differnece between 2468.. As the hands they make run pretty similar. I guess if u make the 876 with both of them and get a ton of action you have the option to break and make a 7 with the second hand.

2461Badugi 06-15-2007 01:13 AM

Sometimes I cap, sometimes I fold. I can't imagine my read on someone being just "regular with more or less solid play." A fair number of people in that group will threebet with any two-card draw, and it's an easy cap in that case. Others won't threebet with less than 7xx2, in which case I'm folding.

If it's somebody new who I haven't seen anything weird from, I cap, and then I take notes.

press.gang 06-16-2007 05:34 AM

cap or fold predraw. smooth calling is the muck. if either is pat how far you go will depend upon how far the other goes. easy game right?

btw, when you cap, you're gonna lead the rest of the way if neither is pat.

Jackal69 06-16-2007 07:45 AM

instacap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Biggle10 06-16-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I play TD the less I understand it.

Say you're in the big blind at the Stars $5/$10 game. UTG raises, the SB makes it three bets, and you have 8643x. Both players already in the pot are regulars with more or less solid play.

Call, cap, or fold? Why?

If one of the players is pat, how far do you continue with the hand?

Would holding 8642 instead make any difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is kind of an ugly spot because you're really trying to nail a deuce and its pretty likely two of them are in opponent hands. If UTG would fold to a cap, I think I'd put in that 4th bet but I think that's unlikely given the open raise.

I think having 8642 is tons stronger as 3's and 5's are probably more live.

darkcore 06-16-2007 09:19 PM

if i have no idea what the others preflop 3bet/capping ranges are
[ QUOTE ]
Im capping because i think its pretty close and Id rather error on the side of gamboool.

[/ QUOTE ]

but there are villians i'd instafold this given their preflop ranges and my squeezed position.