Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL10 - Playing an overpair OOP to a donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528761)

ispiked 10-22-2007 05:38 PM

NL10 - Playing an overpair OOP to a donk

Villain is preeeetty loose playing around 70/20/0.5.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $23.35
Hero (MP): $12.95
CO: $14.60
BTN: $20
SB: $6.20
BB: $6.60

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

<font color="blue">Standard pre-flop raise.</font>

Flop: ($0.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="blue">Kind of an awkward flop to c-bet... although, I really doubt a donk is thinking "Oh, a paired board. It's less likely he hit." Anyway, I check and am probably check-raising if villain bets.</font>

Turn: ($0.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.40</font>, Hero ??

<font color="blue">Ace hits. A good card to bet out on. ... And a minraise. Villain hasn't been playing too aggresively here, but do I give him credit for slowplaying trip Tens or hitting his Ace?</font>

Do I always bet this flop?

Micro Donk 10-22-2007 05:43 PM

Re: NL10 - Playing an overpair OOP to a donk

bet flop, you most likely have the best hand and hes never folding a pair or A high

as played fold to minraise...an ace isnt a good card to bet on when you have (had) a good pp

AFCBeer 10-22-2007 05:44 PM

I can't understand why you don't bet the flop. This guy plays 70% of hands, he calls you here with trash. You HAVE to get value from him.

As played it looks like he has hit the ace. I probably fold.

Sniiii 10-22-2007 06:04 PM

Please bet flop.. It is not at all an akward flop to bet (not sure where you're getting that from.) And an ace is not a good card to bet, when you already have had a better chance.

ispiked 10-22-2007 07:01 PM

Maybe it's just my experience, but it seems like people tend to give you less credit for a made hand when you c-bet into a paired board. But this is probably some irrational assumption I've formed due to getting check-raised or c-bets raised a lot on these types of boards.

homeslice 10-22-2007 07:33 PM

bet flop

ukdentisto32 10-22-2007 08:01 PM

not betting the flop is terrible and its not awkward at all, then u turn ur hand into a bluff my betting the turn, it doesnt matter which one of those u give him credit for, both have u crushed

svidrigailov 10-22-2007 08:14 PM

Def bet flop. Also, I'd prefer 2-barrelling the turn with KQ or similar. In this case you're bluffing with a hand that might have showdown value. Given that the flop was checked, I'd check the turn. (But always bet flop.)