Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   probably SSNL-worthy...2/4 nl overpair spot, OOP. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319114)

Surf 01-30-2007 02:18 PM

probably SSNL-worthy...2/4 nl overpair spot, OOP.

2/4 nl. I have 455, villain has 300.

villain limps co, button limps, sb completes, I miscount the # of limpers and make it 16 to go(too-many-tabling [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), villain calls, button + sb fold.

flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot: $40)

I bet 28, villain raises to 59.50, I...?

Villain is too loose preflop, and too passive. plays bad in general - but his domain is usually calling and folding the flop. I've been quite active at this table, and KK is definitely in the high end of my range here - though i don't raise *too* light in the BB after limpers. From a "deny implied odds" perspective, it's important that I don't go broke here if he made a set, because of my too-small pfr, etc - right?

Regardless, what's the best plan for this hand?

Surf

wdead 01-30-2007 02:32 PM

Re: probably SSNL-worthy...2/4 nl overpair spot, OOP.

go all in

ginko 01-30-2007 02:59 PM

Call. Play turn.

Or push(and in the moment I think I would), but I think calling is optimal against this PASSIVE player.

Isura 01-30-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf 01-30-2007 08:36 PM

is this really that basic? it's not like he's got 20bbs, he's only a bit shortstacked... also if he's bluffing pushing doesn't get us anywhere...

Surf

Hoopster81 01-30-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this really that basic? it's not like he's got 20bbs, he's only a bit shortstacked... also if he's bluffing pushing doesn't get us anywhere...

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not on a pure bluff

really depends how loose is "too loose" and how passive is "too passive"

but, with this read, I shove here and get instacalled by he FD a lot and crying called from 8x, 99-TT fairly often

Kristian 01-30-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From a "deny implied odds" perspective, it's important that I don't go broke here if he made a set, because of my too-small pfr, etc - right?

[/ QUOTE ]

This thinking is flawed IMO. You should consider implied odds when you make a bet. Obviously you didn't do a great job of that preflop, but that mistake is in the past. Now there is a 40$ pot, doesn't matter how it got there, you just gotta maximise EV of this situation, by considering his range, implied odds NOW, etc.
It doesn't matter if you go broke against a set if you do it maximising the EV of the decision you are about to make.

DJ Sensei 01-30-2007 10:11 PM

oop i usually just shove this. he'll call with worse often, and you save the trouble of possibly making a mistake on a bad turn.

xorbie 01-30-2007 10:38 PM

dont worry about implied odds at 2/4, most donks aren't going to pay enough attention to your BB raising range.

Surf 01-30-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oop i usually just shove this. he'll call with worse often, and you save the trouble of possibly making a mistake on a bad turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a great point. I called the flop, kind of out of confusion...the turn was the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I checked and villain bet 3/4s pot...I folded and he showed A6o.

I don't really care about getting bluffed out of this hand, it just made me realize how little I have thought about this situation in terms of maximizing EV and minimizing my mistakes when behind.

Surf