Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AK totally lost (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545967)

Burnsabre 11-14-2007 12:15 PM

AK totally lost

SB is very loose and somewhat agressive, 70/0/.9, UTG is a somewhat decent LAGTAG. I'm basically lost in this whole hand.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.5BB

mute 11-14-2007 12:42 PM

Re: AK totally lost

River is fine. Decent LAGTAG should bet here playing the board, knowing that he is never losing and will be able to make you fold some of the time. Also I would expect him to raise an overpair on the turn.

I think the turn is a fold, though. Your outs are very tainted and it can easily get raised behind you.

inferno 11-14-2007 01:56 PM

yeh whatever

frenchpignouf 11-14-2007 04:04 PM

You have to fold the turn. A queen is almost never good ( you need utg and sb without T,J,Q and any pair). An ace or a king on the river is not enough quite often (or you chop in the best case).

johnnyrocket 11-14-2007 04:24 PM

yea, looks like we are trying to hit 6 outs on river which would make the call close getting 8.5 to 1, but a decent amount of the time we split if we hit one so its an easy fold, flop is fine, shouldnt be at river but its fine given that u got there

exlka 11-14-2007 04:48 PM

i don't fold after that action. Should be a 3 way split more than 25% of the time.

milesdyson 11-14-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, looks like we are trying to hit 6 outs on river which would make the call close getting 8.5 to 1, but a decent amount of the time we split if we hit one so its an easy fold, flop is fine, shouldnt be at river but its fine given that u got there

[/ QUOTE ]
not to mention we're often dead to AA or drawing to 3 vs. AK and even sometimes dead to Jx in the donker's hand. don't really think this is close at all..