Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   99 bet all streets? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548472)

l0gician 11-17-2007 06:19 PM

99 bet all streets?

BB is 56/16/2.5 over 60 hands.

Normally I have been thinking I am giving up to much on the turn and then getting bluffed out of pots, so I just kept betting for value here thinking he would re-raise if he had me. Seem reasonable given his stats here? No flush draws, barely any kind of str8, I put him on any small pp, a 7x, and A high.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

yourface 11-17-2007 06:24 PM

Re: 99 bet all streets?

nh

thepizzlefosho 11-17-2007 06:26 PM

at the river I don't think you can c/f with a player with that high of an AF. But it really looks like he has Qx and got scared of the turn K. However he could also have 88,66, A7, AJ or AT etc so you might as well b/f the river.

PMR 11-17-2007 06:37 PM

What about c/c on the river? Given his AF, I would expect him to be more likely to put in an extra bet when he's behind if you check to him on the river than if you bet. You'd also be guaranteed a showdown for at most one bet.

l0gician 11-17-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about c/c on the river? Given his AF, I would expect him to be more likely to put in an extra bet when he's behind if you check to him on the river than if you bet. You'd also be guaranteed a showdown for at most one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dreaming that if he had a 7 he would fold. Probably wouldn't have though. I usually only post the hands I win and that I am not sure if my line was correct. Since I did something out of my ordinary style and won, I'm wondering if I should keep barreling more and not give up on turn. I guess thats a pretty situational thing though. I think I started out playing like that but at these micro stakes it didn't seem like anyone wanted to fold anything ever.

anti1k 11-17-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well played. I dont like c\c. There isnt any draw on the flop. So you cant hope he will bluff with busted draw. I dont like to give him oppurtunity to check his ace-high, because I think he is bad enough to call river with that

jr4284 11-17-2007 07:50 PM

c/c is just asking to get valuetowned, IMO. He's going to check behind the hands you beat that would have called a bet (7s, 2s, A-high maybe) and bet the ones that have you beat, at which point you've donated a BB. If you're not comfortable c/f'ing here (and I'm not), then you have to b/f. He's not raising with &lt;99 here.

MacGuyV 11-17-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c is just asking to get valuetowned, IMO. He's going to check behind the hands you beat that would have called a bet (7s, 2s, A-high maybe) and bet the ones that have you beat, at which point you've donated a BB. If you're not comfortable c/f'ing here (and I'm not), then you have to b/f. He's not raising with &lt;99 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 95% of players I'd agree but this guy looks like he might be too dumb to see a check as a defensive "I'm showing down" move. I mean I'd probably still bet but meh.

jstill 11-17-2007 08:40 PM

i like a bet and id call a raise vs this guy

inferno 11-18-2007 06:34 AM

good