Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Travel (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   how best to go from london to vegas? (pref by plane) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557429)

john kane 11-29-2007 06:34 PM

how best to go from london to vegas? (pref by plane)

hi

i need to go from london to vegas (nearest airport is McCarren International in case vegas has more than 1 airport), any suggestions on best route? basically whatever will be relatively quick and not overpriced. i was thinking of just typing into lastminute.com to find the best deal, but anyone know of a good way to do it?

many thanks

john

XXXNoahXXX 11-29-2007 06:44 PM

Re: how best to go from london to vegas? (pref by plane)

might it be cheaper to fly into nyc and then take jetblue or a budget carrier to vegas? (no clue if this is true, but a possibility)

StevieG 11-29-2007 07:59 PM

Noah,

It is certainly possible to book into one city and then create another booking on a discount domestic carrier.

But you either need a long layover, or absorb the risk of missing the connection. Airlines are not really sympathetic about helping you rebook a missed connection when it is not all on the same ticket and itinerary.

And if john kane is thinking about checking a bag, similar risk applies (they'll only send it to a local address, and won't be help getting it to Vegas). This might be of real concern because currently British airports are only allowing one carry-on bag. This is supposed to change in January of 2008, but who knows?

ElliotR 11-29-2007 08:49 PM

Virgin Atlantic nonstop

NewTeaBag 12-01-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Virgin Atlantic nonstop

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Yeti 12-01-2007 09:05 PM

just expedia it then if you wanna save the 10-20 quid or whatever it is go to that companys site.

bmi fly direct from manchester for about 600 bills return fwiw

StevieG 12-01-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

bmi fly direct from manchester for about 600 bills return fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I like flight attendant uniforms with hats.

But I'm still not too sure about the bmi hats (link to first picture I could find).

I can't see how they could wear those for a transatlantic flight.

Yeti 12-01-2007 11:20 PM

i doubt they do? from what i remember

stinkypete 12-02-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And if john kane is thinking about checking a bag, similar risk applies (they'll only send it to a local address, and won't be help getting it to Vegas).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true, at least not with decent airlines. most recent counter example involved flying to toronto and having my delayed bags shipped to orange county free of charge.

StevieG 12-02-2007 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this is not true, at least not with decent airlines. most recent counter example involved flying to toronto and having my delayed bags shipped to orange county free of charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I misspoke. That is not a serious risk. If the airline loses your bar, they are at fault and will likely work to get it to you.

Missing a flight because of a previous flight not on the itnerary is not the carrier's fault, though, and that remains a risk in the scenario above.