Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Vegas Open? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538984)

Dranoel 11-26-2007 10:01 PM

Re: Vegas Open?

[ QUOTE ]

What a joke of a turnout

Stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I went to play a satellite game on Saturday & there were only 14 players... Sad.

I will be playing the WPT at Bellagio starting tomorrow. Looks like much better action- and been seeing a lot of pros there over the past several days.

I think they picked a bad time to run the event when the WPT is in town at the same time.

Kevmath 11-27-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I played in it yesterday(knocked out 15th)...i think the total was 61.They paid 5 places,when the TV table actually called for 6!

It was switched late in the tourney,as I am assuming not to have the embarassing situation of a final tablist NOT getting paid...LOL?

Today I think there less than 50 runners.I passed,and will wait for the B events to start tomm

What a joke of a turnout

Stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you had more too many quote things in there.

FatalError 11-27-2007 04:25 AM

47 today people say they are expecting max of 30 tommorow, paying 3 spots.

sounds like a failure

olivert 11-27-2007 08:57 AM

The $5000 buy-in and the $15000 buy-in are scheduled to be 3-day events with featured TV tables on all 3-days.

The promoter has been telling everyone that he has a TV distribution deal with WGN Superstation (about 90 million U.S. TV households). However, he hasn't told anyone about the time slot yet. With a confirmed time slot, it is awfully difficult for prospective logo sponsors (i.e. dot-net poker "schools") to determine what a chest or baseball logo is worth.

I played a $1000 NPL Vegas Open event in June 2006 at Caesars, which only had TV coverage on MOJO HD (formerly INHD). The logo deal I got from FullTilt was reasonable, but was small because INHD only cleared 7 million U.S. TV households.

WGN Superstation is a major cable TV network that people know about because it carries the Cubs, White Sox, and the NBA Bulls.

The B 11-27-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The logo deal I got from FullTilt was reasonable, but was small

[/ QUOTE ]

esplain reasonable and small plz....curious as to what FTP will actually give players for sponsorship

olivert 11-27-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

esplain reasonable and small plz....curious as to what FTP will actually give players for sponsorship

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule of thumb to estimate the value of a single-event logo deal in which a player is only paid if he/she were to make a TV table:

For every 30 seconds of logo exposure on TV in a first world TV market such as the U.S., the logo exposure is worth $20 for every 1000 viewers in a targeted demographic. In the case of poker, the targeted demographic consists of viewers between ages 18 and 49 inclusive.

Using the WSOP on ESPN as an example:

Average # of viewers in the U.S. per episode in the ages 18-49 demographic: 600,000

Logo exposure time: 30 seconds (or 1 "impression")

600,000 targeted viewers x $20/1000 targeted viewers per impression x 1 impression = $12,000

A resonable logo fee from an online poker "school" for WSOP on ESPN would be on the order of $10,000, with bonuses for finishing 3rd, 2nd and 1st as those players will generate additional logo "impressions" on TV.

--

NPL Vegas Open I from last year only draws on the order of 50000 to 60000 viewers in the targeted 18-49 demographic because MOJO HD (formerly INHD) clears less than 10% of the households compared to ESPN. The logo fees of course would be reduced in proportion to the size of the anticipated targeted audience.

FatalError 11-27-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they're offering 2500$ to nobodies to wear hats

olivert 11-27-2007 04:25 PM

NPL president Nene Gonzales told me via email that the NPL Vegas Open will air in the 10pm PT/1am ET time slot on WGN Superstation (90 million US TV households) during the 2nd quarter of 2008.

I am assuming Sunday night (the same slot which was occupied by UBT blackjack).

I am 2 hours away from leaving my hotel room in Macau (now = Tuesday 12:22pm Las Vegas Time = Wednesday 4:22am Macau Time).

I will be at the Venetian in Las Vegas by Thursday morning to meet up with "Jerry" Yang, who will attempt the $500 supersatellite to try to win a seat into the $5000 buy-in event on Friday.

MrTimCaum 11-27-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will be at the Venetian in Las Vegas by Thursday morning to meet up with "Jerry" Yang, who will attempt the $500 supersatellite to try to win a seat into the $5000 buy-in event on Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q.../yangbusto.jpg

shaniac 11-27-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gl, "Jerry."