Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New to NL25-what to do with big pairs pf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519276)

Alex_Rules 10-09-2007 04:52 PM

New to NL25-what to do with big pairs pf

So I just started playing no limit cash (from SNGs) about a week ago. I am playing NL25 on stars, and seem to keep getting confused with my big pairs preflop. When I get raised into, and I am in position, is it better to just call than reraise, and telegraph my hands. I play pretty AG preflop (PF raise % 21.96)but still seem to lose a lot of action with these big pairs.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $29.25
Hero (CO): $27.45
BTN: $7.55
SB: $26.45
BB: $25
UTG: $33.45

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.25</font>, 5 folds

Results: $3.10 Pot
Hero mucked A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and WON $3.10 (+$1.85 NET)

directscooter 10-09-2007 04:58 PM

Re: New to NL25-what to do with big pairs pf

You need to raise this here, there are 5 people behind you still to act and you do not want to be playing this as a family pot.

RobBizzle 10-09-2007 05:17 PM

I play it the same way. I always raise and 3-bet with my premium pairs PF.

GARDOCK 10-09-2007 05:26 PM

alex isn't asking here what you do. He simply wants an explanation of why raising may or may not be wrong. Yes it's true we don't want it to be a family pot, but let's say cutoff opens to 1 dollar and he has aces on the button, is reraising here always right. Chances are the blinds will probably fold, in which case our hand is totally disguised. Often in NLHE 6max games original raisers fold to reraises out of position. I think that just calling sometimes in position in this case is fine. PLus, with many players to act behind him, one may squeeze if others call. I don't think just saying I raise here all day is enough thought for this question.

Alex_Rules 10-09-2007 05:30 PM

Thats exactly right gaydock. I know it is not wrong to 3bet with AA, but I want to know if there is more value from FPS with AA (or KK, QQ) in position preflop. Perhaps this wasn't the best example bc of the players still behind, but say same stacks but CO raises to 1 and i have aces on the button. Do I reraise and be content with what is usually a 1.35 profit hand, or do I try and stack his tptk on the flop. If someone has a better hand, or if i get one soon, please post it.