Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   400nl - simple one vs skydancing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522773)

too eazy 10-14-2007 01:55 PM

400nl - simple one vs skydancing

I view SkyDancing as a standard ABC type player.

SkyDancing most likely views me as a ridiculous spewtard idiot.

Given these reads, what is the best way to proceed with this hand. Thanks in advance for any time/input put into this.

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $300.25
SB: $251
BB: $406
UTG: $324
UTG+1: $422.95
MP1: $308.90
MP2: $406
Hero (CO): $516.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
3 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $20, 3 folds

Flop: ($46) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $44</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $124</font>

Results: IM NOT TELLING

guaranteedBluff 10-14-2007 02:03 PM

Re: 400nl - simple one vs skydancing

i'd call down. weird spot - never seen him pfr then c/r flop. given that he views you as spewy, he could be goin for a steal.

if he checks turn and riv, value bet riv;

skydancing8 10-14-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I view SkyDancing as a standard ABC type player.

SkyDancing most likely views me as a ridiculous spewtard idiot.

Given these reads, what is the best way to proceed with this hand. Thanks in advance for any time/input put into this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ spewtard

skydancing8 10-14-2007 02:07 PM

This was the worst hand I played yesterday fwiw. I screwed myself over so bad playing it the way i did. We 3 and 4 bet eachother all day yesterday and I don't know how on this hand we don't get it all in.

GrandMelon 10-14-2007 02:08 PM

man im confused

Albert Moulton 10-14-2007 02:38 PM

Vs a tight ABC player I don't cold call AQo. I'd just fold preflop. With AK I'd reraise to put some pressure on him and force him to define his hand. With AQs I might call, but I'd check behind on a flop like this to induce a turn bet from worse hands (KK and TT and AK, for example) and control the pot size. I'd also be suspicous that he's going for a c/r with a set if he usually cb's in this spot.

I really think you are in a tough spot. If his range for this c/r, given the history between you, is as wide as TT+,AKs,AKo, then you have over 60% equity vs his range - but most of the hands that you beat in that range will not call if you raise/push on the flop. And most of the hands that you beat in that range will not fire at the turn if you call his c/r since they'll figure they're likely beaten and either c/c or c/f. So, I'd call the c/r and see what he does on the turn. If he checks, then check behind. If he fires a big, pot-committing turn bet, then fold. If he has a set, then you have less than 13% equity vs a range of JJ,QQ,AA.

Renton 10-14-2007 04:03 PM

3bet pre is probably &gt; calling. If you feel you play well postflop, then calling is definitely &gt; folding.

I'd just the flop honestly. He never has QJ/AK, so in calling you are putting him on a bluff. Since he is a quote abc type player, then its obviously thus very unlikely he's bluffing here.

Also understand when deciding whether to bet this flop: you are only going to get 2 streets of value here. I'd still definitely bet the flop.

skydancing8 10-14-2007 07:02 PM

I had KTcc on this hand... Ks on turn and a Jd on river which were both checked down. Like I said I played it pretty poorly all around. I don't know his you call me on the turn givin my range of being a tighty. River Jack was just a terrible card for both of us.

In closing please 3 bet me when I have the nuts next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BT2 10-14-2007 07:59 PM

why do you hate me too eazy?

too eazy 10-14-2007 08:05 PM

because i am fueled by hate. the world around me so cold my heart done froze.