Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who is the better player in this hand? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531031)

FGators 10-25-2007 10:59 AM

Who is the better player in this hand?

I've been getting into it with a friend of mine over drinks and the discussion has gotten quite heated so I figured I needed to take this into BBV to get serious replies. Player A raises to $8 at $1/2 NL with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Player B raises to $14 ($6 more) with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Player A calls.

Effective stacks are $200.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Player A leads for $36, Player B raises to $85, Player A pushes, Player B calls

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Outcome: Player B wins the pot.

Settle this argument with my friend for me.

Serious answers only please.

GSykes 10-25-2007 10:59 AM

Re: Who is the better player in this hand?

first

Quagmyer 10-25-2007 11:00 AM

last

O Fen�meno 10-25-2007 11:00 AM

i guess you think player b.....

ikestoys 10-25-2007 11:03 AM

seems like the guy who got in 90bbs with an adv played it better

FGators 10-25-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm here to learn and discuss theory so I'm starting to think that Player B was the better player here because he dragged in the pot. Because, frankly, that is what seems to go on around this forum, as far as I can tell.

A guy posts a graph, people don't see the hands, but if a guy has a graph that goes up he's praised..if he has a graph that goes down he's bashed for "sucking."

I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page here that it's all about "da Benjamins."

I want to stay out of this thread though as I'm seeking only serious replies to settle this dispute.

O Fen�meno 10-25-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm here to learn and discuss theory so I'm starting to think that Player B was the better player here because he dragged in the pot. Because, frankly, that is what seems to go on around this forum, as far as I can tell.

A guy posts a graph, people don't see the hands, but if a guy has a graph that goes up he's praised..if he has a graph that goes down he's bashed for "sucking."

I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page here that it's all about "da Benjamins."

I want to stay out of this thread though as I'm seeking only serious replies to settle this dispute.

[/ QUOTE ]
why does your poll only have player b as the option?????

Mike Kelley 10-25-2007 11:06 AM

Player B knew he had great fold equity against you and then he had the pot odds to call after you pushed, so you both played it well.

FGators 10-25-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player B knew he had great fold equity against you and then he had the pot odds to call after you pushed, so you both played it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. How can you call Player A's play "well" if he lost this hand.

Just curious.

Daddy Warbucks 10-25-2007 11:08 AM

If either of the players are you, then its the other guy.