Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401587)

05-12-2007 05:26 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

mythrilfox 05-12-2007 06:31 PM

Re: Raising River with Questionable FEq

fold equity? why would you bluff here? raising sucks the big one

i'd probably just fold on the river. dont think he's bluffing you here

RiverHebrew2 05-12-2007 07:06 PM

Uh.. fold equity...? uh... lol I don't understand where theres rele fold equity in this hand there's a decent chance you're ahead and he's not folding any two pair... lol wtf? Fold equity is when you're raising/shoving a draw and u dont rele have a made hand... here u have tptk- jus flatcall I would worried about 78 or k8 if i were u... the word you're looking for is jus value raise, and the answer is probably not if he c/c the whole way and is betting into u- tho if he would do this with KT or KJ then I like but this is jus for too significant a portion of ur stack IMO to get called by worse hands w/o specific reads

Big_Jim 05-12-2007 09:10 PM

If this is a bluff, it's terrible. Trying to fold out two pair+, not to mention giving him great odds to call, is just spewing money.

If it's for value, it's probably too thin.

05-13-2007 08:23 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

FionnMac 05-13-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasnt a bluff per se, but thanks for the advice.

The epitaph was he called the bet and mucked when I showed AK...mumbled some bollocks about my play thought I was bluffing........

I should have phrased the question as a more generalization on stack size versus pot size and getting someone to fold to a river bet when one is in such a position (if that all makes sense).

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your motivation for betting the river? Did you want to fold out better hands, or want worse hands to call? Cos almost all of the time, neither will happen.

fringsrache 05-13-2007 09:14 AM

i also dont get the point. but i am a bit confused some people are folding to his riverbet. why? 1/2 looks like a good sized blocking bet and we r still a head of a decent part of his range, not?

SEABEAST 05-13-2007 09:29 AM

Sorry no, we can't explain what you were thinking either

soah 05-13-2007 09:38 AM

I call river just about 100% of the time barring special info.

also, wtf at these bet sizes? were you guys just throwing out chips without counting them or something? I don't think I've ever seen a bet of $145 in a live game. or $270 either. and certainly not $690.