Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   [x] It's a trap (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542499)

Nielsio 11-09-2007 09:20 PM

[x] It\'s a trap

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $459.65
Hero (BB): $245
UTG: $74.60
BTN: $225

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $459.65 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $243 and is All-In, 2 folds

Flop: ($497) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($497) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($497) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $497 Pot ($2 Rake)
SB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Sevens) and LOST (-$245 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Sevens) and WON $495 (+$250 NET)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2006/ackbar1ku8.jpg

xjimraketex 11-09-2007 09:23 PM

Re: [x] It\'s a trap

[ ] never seen that before
[ ] totally worth a thread on BBV
[x] ban please

sapol 11-09-2007 09:24 PM

awesome bet sizing form opponent

Msrmek 11-09-2007 09:29 PM

Awful flop.

tuq 11-09-2007 09:30 PM

Where is the beat or brag? Or is this variance?

KamiKatze 11-09-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the beat or brag? Or is this variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

breatariance obv

thac 11-09-2007 09:51 PM

I think your title should be renamed to say "It's a tard!"

shipitkthx 11-09-2007 09:54 PM

I found OP mildly amusing, which is more than I can say for 90% of BBV posts. I swear i'm going to stop reading the first few replied in every thread because for the last few weeks they are [censored] horrible.

tuq 11-09-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found OP mildly amusing, which is more than I can say for 90% of BBV posts. I swear i'm going to stop reading the first few replied in every thread because for the last few weeks they are [censored] horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about? Aces over kings happens. But the subject line is "it's a trap". How is it a trap? He didn't act first and make a minraise or anything deceptive, he acted behind the guy who shoved with kings. Not a trap, not a brag, not a beat, just the right place at the right time. It does qualify for variance though, although I suppose most things do. I'm irregular so my trips to the toilet do.

That said, I don't read this forum much so if this is a standard series of replies then I guess that could get old.

Nielsio 11-09-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about? Aces over kings happens. But the subject line is "it's a trap". How is it a trap? He didn't act first and make a minraise or anything deceptive, he acted behind the guy who shoved with kings. Not a trap, not a brag, not a beat, just the right place at the right time. It does qualify for variance though, although I suppose most things do. I'm irregular so my trips to the toilet do.

That said, I don't read this forum much so if this is a standard series of replies then I guess that could get old.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a trap because there was a nice pair of aces waiting for him in the bb when he thought he had the nuts and was getting tricky against BTN.