Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   BB hand. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508283)

mongidig 09-24-2007 01:44 PM

BB hand.

I get a free look in the BB with Jc2d after 5 others limp in. I have a pretty straightforward image and have shown down some big hands.

The flop: Jd3d7d

Sb checks,I check, and it gets checked around.

The turn: Jd3d7d6s

SB bets, What is my play? Not a great read on SB. He seems fairly straightforward and somewhat tight preflop.

Captain R 09-24-2007 01:50 PM

Re: BB hand.

Raise and check almost all rivers. Obviously if he 3-bets you go home.

Maybe bet 2 or J on the river.

n.s. 09-24-2007 03:01 PM

I'd just muck it. The pot is small, you could easily be behind (if SB is the type to check a J on the flop, either trying to check-raise, or just because he's afraid of the monotone flop), someone behind you could be sandbagging a big hand, and even if you are ahead you probably have to dodge a lot of cards.

If you don't muck, then you have to raise, but that means that you are investing 2 BB to win a 4 BB pot, so I'd rather just let it go.

BigBadBabar 09-24-2007 03:01 PM

i just call, and call most rivers if he bets again. probably if he checks to me on a blank river i bet for value.

brick 09-24-2007 03:45 PM

3 responses 3 different lines. Must be a close one.

my response: pause and look left

n.s. 09-24-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my response: pause and look left

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to make fun of you because your answer is always "it depends" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but in this case I think your advice is pretty solid. In this small pot with nobody really invested in it, you should be able to get a pretty reliable sense of whether or not anyone behind you still cares about the hand.

BigBadBabar 09-24-2007 07:03 PM

raising is terrible; it blows him off a bluff and gets us owned by better hands. i think it's between call and fold, certainly.

n.s. 09-24-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising is terrible; it blows him off a bluff and gets us owned by better hands. i think it's between call and fold, certainly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? This isn't a wa/wb situation - there are *4* players to act behind us. I think there are lots of hands that we want to go away that will fold to a raise but will call one bet - hands like middling singleton diamonds, random 5-outers, gutshots, or even hands like a small diamond with a an overcard (12 outs to beat us!).

All the more reason to just muck it, imo.

BigBadBabar 09-24-2007 07:57 PM

wow whoops, thought it was heads up

thanks for catching that

BigBadBabar 09-24-2007 07:57 PM

in this new case of actually reading the original post more thoroughly, i just fold this.