Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   you be villain (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424345)

milesdyson 06-10-2007 01:29 PM

you be villain

hero is 30/20/1.8 and goes to SD 35%. he has played hands normally and beaten you at this table, but you don't respond to his chat.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with two cards.
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.67SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.83BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.83BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero ?? ? ??

WITH YOU AS VILLAIN,

1. What should Hero do with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
2. What should Hero do with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

feel free to comment on hero's play with these hands on prior streets.

ILOVEPOKER929 06-10-2007 01:33 PM

Re: you be villain

Aainst me the hero should bet/fold the river with QsJs and check/fold the river with AK.

jstill 06-10-2007 02:01 PM

i wrote a response thinking the turn was a blank and didnt understand ILPs responses somewhat. now that i read the board correctly im with ilp. I havent stoved it but the turn with QJs is probably somewhat close but a call if villain is betting 66+ PPs and AJ+ non paired hands.

bet fold QJs and ck fold AKo both seem good. I think AQ hi calls a donk here a ton.

sharpie 06-10-2007 02:02 PM

He should check/call with both. When he takes a passive approach I think a good chunk of his range is AQ type hand, and I'm liable to bluff the river with KQ occasionally.

Edit: What's the worst hand you call Hero's river donk with?

milesdyson 06-10-2007 03:38 PM

if you have KQ don't you think ace high calls all the time?

that's what i thought when i check folded my AQ.

sharpie 06-10-2007 04:06 PM

I think most TAGs are calling ace high all the time, I would only bluff occasionally if villain is one of the better TAGs who is capable of folding ace high once he gets to the river with it.

Oink 06-10-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you have KQ don't you think ace high calls all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. which is why I bet KQ in that spot. I am not c/f'ing the AK hand ever.

DavidC 06-10-2007 04:19 PM

What's hero saying in chat?

Call both hands, congradulate hero on getting to showdown again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MacGuyV 06-10-2007 04:42 PM

I think most tags call with AK/AQ all day. AJ meh, I dunno. The thing is it's hard to see weaker Aces like A8 getting that far w/out a FD so when he does call the turn you def. have to include small/medium pockets in his range. Hero worrying about getting bluffed by K high is sorta paranoia since preflop limits such possibilities to KQ exclusively.

Scary_Tiger 06-10-2007 05:02 PM

All the responses confused me, I thought you were gonna spew c/r.

Hero should bet/fold QJ (flush). If I bet the turn I have at least A-hi and am not folding. I'll probably call KJ and better. I'll check behind most of these hands except I'd bet AK and maybe AQ for value.

Intuitively, I think he should check/call AK to catch AK and AQ, but with as wide a range as I'm calling here, bet/fold is better. But he should cap AK preflop.