Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Akward spot in reraised pot vs donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551758)

aislephive 11-21-2007 08:34 PM

Akward spot in reraised pot vs donk

Can't remember much about villain but he was a bit donkish but competent. Got him around 30/20 or so over 200 hands, my image is pretty standard given he hasn't been at the table for long.

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $233.10
MP: $263
CO: $592
BTN: $202.40
Hero (SB): $402
BB: $421.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $30

Flop: ($88) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $54</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $160.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $106.40

SEABEAST 11-21-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Akward spot in reraised pot vs donk

yeah definitely fine. a lot of the time he has a bad pair and your equity is fine, sometimes he has worse ace high or random 87 etc

JFsports 11-22-2007 08:07 AM

Yeah I agree with seabeast, the cbet is profitable imo, and when he shoves you're kinda committed getting 3/1.

3bet pots are very awkward v this stack size though. is there merit to calling more often rather than 3betting v opponents with this stack size, or is that just losing a lot of value?

olof86 11-22-2007 08:37 AM

fine
[ QUOTE ]

3bet pots are very awkward v this stack size though. is there merit to calling more often rather than 3betting v opponents with this stack size, or is that just losing a lot of value?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. what do you think? if he's callingrange includes worse hands then AQ it's obviously losing value not 3betting.

JFsports 11-22-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fine
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. what do you think? if he's callingrange includes worse hands then AQ it's obviously losing value not 3betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily, it depends how often he stacks off on flops in non 3-bet pots, and how often he will get it in with worse in a 3-bet pot.

To say that the range of hands that he calls a 3-bet with includes worse hands than AQ != losing value by not 3-betting.

I'm not trying to state that 3-betting is wrong, I do it as default here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was just posing a question as to whether calling is a viable alternative line to take.

Nick Royale 11-22-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, Qx/T9/KT. Sometimes Jx. On the river mainly KQ, maybe some worse Qs. More important, what better hands would a decent player not raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is obviously not true.

Animus 11-22-2007 09:02 AM

Raise slightly larger preflop. Shove flop.

Eagles 11-22-2007 01:58 PM

CRAI