Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Post here when coaches do something obviously stupid (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502229)

MacGuyV 09-16-2007 12:28 PM

Re: Post here when coaches do something obviously stupid

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
X-posted from the Texas thread...

Mack Brown went for 2 after scoring with 5 minutes left against UCF to go ahead by 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this needs to be clarified. He went for 2 and didn't get it, thereby leaving his team up 11, instead of 12 after a normal PAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this is totally standard and correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

level? Or misread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Level I hope.

rjoefish 09-16-2007 12:28 PM

Don't know, but I don't think leaving your team up by a TD, 2pt conversion, and then a FG to tie is ever the correct play with that much time left. Probably want to be up at least 2 TDs there...

stormstarter28 09-16-2007 12:29 PM

Oklahoma State at Troy...

2nd quarter, Troy up 17. Troy has the ball, 4th and 10 inside their own 30, and runs a fake punt. It seemed like they were trying to let OSU back in the game.

They failed.

I_AM_EVIL 09-16-2007 12:33 PM

How about the entire coaching staff for UofL. They made some of the worst play calls last night.

UK deserved to win that game. It's hard for me to say that since I'm an UofL fan.

vhawk01 09-16-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
X-posted from the Texas thread...

Mack Brown went for 2 after scoring with 5 minutes left against UCF to go ahead by 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this needs to be clarified. He went for 2 and didn't get it, thereby leaving his team up 11, instead of 12 after a normal PAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this is totally standard and correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

level? Or misread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it wasn't a level, so either misread or I am retarded. He is up by 11 after the score? or he would be up by 11 after the PAT? 11 is better than 10, but 12 is WAY better than 11, right?

Maybe I am retarded.

Dudd 09-16-2007 12:45 PM

They were up by 11. Instead of taking the 99% chance of going ahead by 12, they went for 2 to go up by 13. Mack Brown=not smart.

vhawk01 09-16-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They were up by 11. Instead of taking the 99% chance of going ahead by 12, they went for 2 to go up by 13. Mack Brown=not smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, yeah, thats not what I thought was going on. I'm really not retarded, I just cant read.

FlyWf 09-16-2007 12:53 PM

There will be literally dozens of terrible punts on like 4th and 3 from the 41 today, so rather than bump the thread each time, I'll just say that the average football coach is remarkably incompetent at a fairly significant part of his job and that bothers me.

splashpot 09-17-2007 10:57 PM

MNF. Wash up 10-6 and threatening inside the 10 yardline. Andy Reid has the choice of accepting a penalty and making it 3rd and 7 or declining and making it 4th and 2. He accepts. Why the F would he accept when their aim at this point is to hold Wash to a field goal?

dlk9s 09-17-2007 11:23 PM

Cubs vs. Reds

Bottom 9th, Cubs just tied the game, have a runner on 3rd, no outs. Reds intentionally walk Daryle Ward then DON'T intentionally walk DeRosa to load the bases and setup a force at home. Because that double play will be beneficial, you know.