Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Audio books on ipod? LGB..... 2+2 on cd? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290011)

Zachvdp 12-23-2006 03:37 PM

Audio books on ipod? LGB..... 2+2 on cd?

Does any one use their ipod for poker?
Besides listening to music while playing.
I was thinking of buying phil Gordons little green book on cd, then put it on my ipod.
Anyone have the cd, is it just the text of the book, or shortened down version?
Are there any 2+2 books on cd?

HSB 12-23-2006 03:53 PM

Re: Audio books on ipod? LGB..... 2+2 on cd?

If you go to audible.com you can get LGB unabridged in a download that is going to be one file where the CD will probably be dozens of files.

There are no 2+2 books on CD so far as I know. It has been brought up a few times and Mason is, I believe, aware that there is some interest. Whether he believes it is enough to produce them is something I am not privy to.

I, personally would buy damn near all of the 2+2 books on audio if given the opportunity.

Yakuman 12-23-2006 07:44 PM

I would pay a nice chunk of chanhe to get some of the 2=2 material on audio, which means they get to sell the same books twice.

WalkAmongUs 12-23-2006 11:50 PM

the problem w/ 2+2 books on audio is rampant piracy. as much as I would absolutely love to have them all on audio, and I'd pay for every one, I don't think it will ever happen.

boondoggle 12-24-2006 08:09 PM

Re: Audio books on ipod? LGB..... 2+2 on cd? *DELETED*

Post deleted by deacsoft

Aceshigh7 12-25-2006 05:36 AM

Ace on the River is available on cd, read by the man Barry Greenstein himself.

Guruman 12-26-2006 03:45 PM

2+2 isn't going to issue audio books in the near future by my gauge. They don't want to deal with the production side of it.

Hellmouth 12-26-2006 03:59 PM

Yeah, the production would be tough and all the nits would complain. I mean seriously, they complained about ed miller's hair on the DVDs.

xducracer 12-28-2006 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does any one use their ipod for poker?
Besides listening to music while playing.
I was thinking of buying phil Gordons little green book on cd, then put it on my ipod.
Anyone have the cd, is it just the text of the book, or shortened down version?
Are there any 2+2 books on cd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do this too!

Matt

jackaaron 12-28-2006 05:58 PM

Just read it out loud and record it yourself, possibly adding notes you've garnered along the way. You can't sell it to anyone, but you don't need to. You would get like triple the study of it done in the process by reading it, then listening to it. If you don't like your own voice though, it could be a problem.