Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TPWK draw heavy board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557065)

thrillhouse7 11-29-2007 07:23 AM

TPWK draw heavy board

PokerStars $0.02/$0.04 Limit Hold'em - 9 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

<font color="green"> All callers are loose </font>

Flop: (5.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, SB folds.

<font color="green"> I bet because my hand could likely be best. The scary board makes me less likely to bet. Also, it seems like a lot of people to bet tpwk into. </font>

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="green">I bet for value </font>

River: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> I check because draw that didn't get there will fold. If he was calling with jacks he beat me, he could be beating me with a K or an Ace. A nine or pp is all i beat that calls.

So I think I would have bet if the J didn't pair. I don't think I even thought about the BDFD at the time.

I'm not sure why I called the river bet. </font>

TimovieMan 11-29-2007 07:29 AM

Re: TPWK draw heavy board

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why I called the river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because checking may have induced a bluff, and you could still be ahead (or at least chopping).

I don't see anything wrong with how this was played.

LukeSLTS 11-29-2007 09:03 AM

This line looks fine to me. You probably win or chop often enough to make the call on the river.

Fadook 11-29-2007 09:05 AM

I'd check and see on the flop. The pot is smallish, your hand isn't that great and that board is very drawy. What I do after checking depends on who bets and how many call.

36CampusAve 11-29-2007 10:33 AM

I like your line.

Flop - Betting should narrow the field and get Jx, 9x, small PP and gutshots to fold. Although Kx, FDs and OESDs will stick around.

Turn - I tend to bet here also HU. Spewy? My reasons are:
1) a bet may win the pot here
2) we may be ahead (value)

IF villian raises, it changes things a little but I tend to call down. spewy?

River - ok, he's not going anywhere...why bet and risk a raise. Just c/c.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KitCloudkicker 11-29-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your line.

Flop - Betting should narrow the field and get Jx, 9x, small PP and gutshots to fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"All callers are loose"

i doubt it.

op, i bet this flop about 0% of the time.

-kck

Dankenstein 11-29-2007 12:53 PM

Just check this flop. The field is tooo big and the pot is small. THis is a bet against a smaller field. And against a small field with a loose aggressive who fires out when checked to this is a check raise.

36CampusAve 11-29-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like your line.

Flop - Betting should narrow the field and get Jx, 9x, small PP and gutshots to fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"All callers are loose"

i doubt it.

op, i bet this flop about 0% of the time.

-kck

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, now you got me thinking. So if they all call with the hands mentioned above then is it:
1. a value bet since they are individually all -EV? OR
2. bad for us b/c we have to add up all their outs making them +EV against us?

#2 right?

CrMenace 11-29-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, now you got me thinking. So if they all call with the hands mentioned above then is it:
1. a value bet since they are individually all -EV? OR
2. bad for us b/c we have to add up all their outs making them +EV against us?

#2 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the main reason it's -EV is because of the possibility of other K's with better kickers out there. Plus the draws don't help.

Fadook's plan of check-and-see will give us additional information. If it's checked around to a late bettor, we are much more likely ahead here.

CrMenace 11-29-2007 02:24 PM

By the way, I like the c/c on the river. If villain has a Q or T here he may bluff bet. 9 is also somewhat more likely to bet than to call.