Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NL100: This [censored] lagtard whore (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536622)

BarryLyndon 11-02-2007 12:23 AM

NL100: This [censored] lagtard whore

Villain ($75), SB
Hero ($125), BB

Villain is just a disgrace. His 4-bet with 910o while short earlier giving me 2:1 was hillarious . He has done other things reprehensible to the game of poker.

Villain raises to $2, Hero with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raises to 6, Villain calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $1, Hero raises to $13, Villain calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain checks.

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $35, Hero _____

Kharlog 11-02-2007 01:50 AM

Re: NL100: This [censored] lagtard whore

I'd either bet/fold this river or check/fold. Betting may get some calls from a pair of nines or from pair of tens. When he bets I think you're beaten most of the time (more than 2/3 of the time). If not then call.

I'd be interested in benefits/disadvantages between check/raising and continuation betting on the flop.

chrismystero 11-02-2007 02:38 AM

I'm not a big fan of a c/r on this flop. I'd probably lead. Given that he is "lagtard" I dunno if I get away from this river. I likely check call a lot in it. Then spit at my computer when I see K2o.

hra146 11-02-2007 04:26 AM

I dont really mind the c/r tbh. With your description of villain its a close call OTR as played for me, otherwise I usually fold.

jay_shark 11-02-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain ($75), SB
Hero ($125), BB

Villain is just a disgrace. His 4-bet with 910o while short earlier giving me 2:1 was hillarious . He has done other things reprehensible to the game of poker.

Villain raises to $2, Hero with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raises to 6, Villain calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $1, Hero raises to $13, Villain calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain checks.

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $35, Hero _____

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably re-raise to $8 pre-flop and maybe even more against a loose caller . On the flop , I probably make a big bet of close to the pot size . If called , I would continue to lead out on the turn until he convinces me that he has a king .

Can you beat about one-third of his hands ? You lose if he has a 7 or a king but you may win if he had an open ended straight draw (10-j) or a flush draw . Since the turn was checked (good chance he doesn't have a k) , I probably lean towards a call against this particular opponent . I can't fault you either way .

11-02-2007 10:21 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

BarryLyndon 11-02-2007 10:33 AM

The $1 bet on the flop is almost never a king on this board. There are too many draws to charge and (let it be known to those who don't like a c/r), he will call with a midpair.

The river, honestly, I'm glad some people agree that it's a reasonable call. I'll give the results - he showed 87. I thought about block betting this river. More and more I see these overbets of slightly more than the pot on loaded boards me exactly what they are - the made hand. This player simply isn't tricky enough to try to turn J10o into a bluff. And there are more combinations of hands that beat me that don't. I feel that I should have folded.

Barry

RevoltBG 11-02-2007 01:25 PM

for me the river is always a call vs described opp - not happy about it tho
and 3bet bigger PF pls

Vinetou 11-02-2007 01:57 PM

I don't like a checkraise on the flop. There are a lot of draws, but this is also an argument for playing passively on the flop. I either c/c or bet. I would bet here on the flop, probably c/c turn and c/f river, depends on reads. But checkraise on the flop just doesn't seem right. He's not folding a draw and he's not folding a king. It just gives him a reason to slowplay his king (which donkeys will do) and you don't get any information.

Checkraise makes things complicated.

Vinetou 11-02-2007 01:58 PM

Why did you checkraise the flop actually? You might have had a good reason, but you didn't tell it.