Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Two preflop spots against nits (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506508)

Paul B. 09-21-2007 09:16 PM

Two preflop spots against nits

HAND 1 - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $773.20
BB: $597.00
UTG: $609.65
Hero (CO): $600.00
BTN: $600.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $21.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $80.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $228.00</font>, folds around to Hero...

Villain is a 2+2er. I only have 100 hands on him but he's playing 17/14. Easy fold?

HAND 2 - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $301.80
BB: $400.00
Hero (UTG): $428.90
CO: $615.00
BTN: $498.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $48.00</font>, folds around to Hero...

Villain is 16/9 over 600 hands. I'm putting him on QQ+, AKs, AKo. Call? What's my plan for the flop?

AAismyfriend 09-21-2007 09:20 PM

Re: Two preflop spots against nits

I think folding hand 1 is best here. Hand 2 I could go either way. His range obviously crushes yours but if he is the type to slow down with a whiffed AK on turn/river I think calling could be ok.

RiverHebrew2 09-21-2007 10:00 PM

hand 1 EZ EZ fold
hand 2 is close... ur rele going to go set mining or trying to keep pot small on smallish flop. If you're careful it mite be +EV to call here, but personally folding is ok vs his range (since u NEED to hit J in order to stack him when he has big pair, and u have to be able to fold JJ on low flop assuming he has a bigger pair, and if he has AK and whiffs you just c/c his cbet and win a sorta decent pot).

Caballa 09-21-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is close... ur rele going to go set mining or trying to keep pot small on smallish flop. If you're careful it mite be +EV to call here, but personally folding is ok vs his range (since u NEED to hit J in order to stack him when he has big pair, and u have to be able to fold JJ on low flop assuming he has a bigger pair, and if he has AK and whiffs you just c/c his cbet and win a sorta decent pot).

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell? Calling 34 with ~400 behind even if it's just to hit a set is a no-brainer.

praios 09-21-2007 10:41 PM

1. fold
2. call and see a flop

Triumph36 09-21-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell? Calling 34 with ~400 behind even if it's just to hit a set is a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you put a lot of AK into his range, no, it isn't. and even if you put a lot of AK into his range you are still not +EV to 4 bet.

Paul B. 09-21-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you put a lot of AK into his range, no, it isn't. and even if you put a lot of AK into his range you are still not +EV to 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I agree 100%. If I put him squarely on AA/KK then I would've called. Anyway I folded both, though I felt like a huge pansy.