Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   which one is better? getting a tutor or join cardrunners??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544130)

balleryen 11-12-2007 05:15 AM

which one is better? getting a tutor or join cardrunners???

for those who have experienced both getting tutor and join cardrunners, which one would you prefer??
since i have seen many people who got a tutor, they all seem to have good impact on their games. However, i rarely see people say how helpful the cardrunners.com has helped them..

hick dead 11-12-2007 05:18 AM

Re: which one is better? getting a tutor or join cardrunners???

yes

MotorBoatingSOB 11-12-2007 05:19 AM

Um, a CR membership is like $25 a month and a good coach will probably cost you at least 4 times that per hour. If you are even close to being able to afford a coach a CR membership is like nothing.

And CR is pretty helpful also.

nutsflopper 11-12-2007 05:21 AM

coach is obv 100x better than a few pros who I'm sure guard their truly valuable "secrets" b/c of such a wide audience and give the same advice over and over albeit good advice.

cjp010 11-14-2007 04:37 AM

CR is just the same guys repeating the same ish over and over, if they went into a guys VPIP and what range they can put him on with that etc as well as PFR % and what range of his vpip hands he would raise etc that'd be neat...er :P They basically cover pot odds and implied odds and position... and Reverse implied odds.... annnnd what hand you have and why its good lol

The Velour Fog 11-14-2007 04:41 AM

50/50

CrazyJoe113 11-14-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CR is just the same guys repeating the same ish over and over, if they went into a guys VPIP and what range they can put him on with that etc as well as PFR % and what range of his vpip hands he would raise etc that'd be neat...er :P They basically cover pot odds and implied odds and position... and Reverse implied odds.... annnnd what hand you have and why its good lol

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i was thinking about it, but if that's all it is, doesnt seem good enough.

kekedarius 11-14-2007 02:24 PM

I like to watch Townsend's videos a lot. They're so soothing~

sharpyetblunt 11-14-2007 02:31 PM

it all depends what you take from it. From the ten or so videos ive watched so far i think its helped my game massively and is already worth the membership. Its easy to read posts on here and try and take it in but when you see someone actually playing that way then its easier to apply it to your own game. I usually find one piece of info in the videos, no matter how small, which ive never really thought about and it helps.

tufat23 11-14-2007 02:42 PM

pretty obv the answer is to join CR since if he can financially only get one or the other theres enough leaks in his game that CR would be massively beneficial, and teh extra cost of a coach doesnt outweigh what he learns cos his fundamentals wont be strong enough.

diddyeinstein 11-14-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty obv the answer is to join CR since if he can financially only get one or the other theres enough leaks in his game that CR would be massively beneficial, and teh extra cost of a coach doesnt outweigh what he learns cos his fundamentals wont be strong enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically get a CR membership and get good, then get a coach to get better?

chumofchance 11-14-2007 03:36 PM

CR is great, and has helped my game a ton. I've also had some really good coaches. Both services can be very very very useful, but like someone said earlier, if you can afford to get coached you should be able to afford a CR membership too.

Plus, the services aren't really interchangeable. Admittedly some of the CR videos kind of suck, but the best ones are truly excellent - CTS and aba alone are worth the membership fee. Unless your coach is a high stakes sicko as well you won't be getting the same kind of super high level commentary.

So yeah, get CR if you can't afford both, and otherwise just get both.

QuietEarner 11-14-2007 03:44 PM

Cardrunners has helped me tremendously in the 2months I've had it. I think it has already paid for itself for the next year. I haven't had a coach, but would imagine that would be alot more beneficial and expensive.

I like to watch the videos and think what I would do, and then hear the pros reasoning behind their play.

halperin 11-14-2007 04:00 PM

card runners sucks for people who are semi decent ;/

matt85 11-14-2007 04:06 PM

Getting a decent coach is probably THE best single thing you can do for your game IMO.

CR/Stox offer brilliant value for money though and ideally I would recommend coach + CR/Stox if you can afford it.