Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Standard bet/call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550352)

markuisis 11-20-2007 01:42 AM

Standard bet/call?

Villain isnt great, running at 25/10 and seems a bit strange but I don't remember specific hands. What is my flop line and y? if I lead I have to call a push but do u guys think bet/calling here is the only line? BTW, I 3bet pf cause I had been very quiet up to that point and BTN was a TAG who was opening quite a few buttons.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $77
BTN: $202.30
Hero (SB): $232.50
BB: $218.90
UTG: $203.35

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27</font>, BB calls $25, BTN folds

Flop: ($61) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero?

What range do u guys put villain on to stack off on this flop and call my 3bet pf?

spivey 11-20-2007 01:44 AM

Re: Standard bet/call?

I think he stacks off with KQ, AK, AA, QQ (maybe), JJ, TT, KK.

bet/call the flop.

markuisis 11-20-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he stacks off with KQ, AK, AA, QQ (maybe), JJ, TT, KK.

bet/call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur range gives us 43% equity and thats assuming he calls pf and stacks off on this flop with kq or stacks off with qq

spivey 11-20-2007 01:51 AM

People also get crazy in reraised pots, and he could turn hands into bluffs. I think we have to bet for value and protection, and I think we will be priced in to call a shove given equity.

nazahl 11-20-2007 01:53 AM

spivey,

villain cold called in the bb, btn folded.

spivey 11-20-2007 01:57 AM

I know. But he looks like a TAGfish, so I think he can show up with all the hands I listed, plus maybe something like 99 and try to push it through.

markuisis 11-20-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People also get crazy in reraised pots, and he could turn hands into bluffs. I think we have to bet for value and protection, and I think we will be priced in to call a shove given equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

so u think u think he shoves over a bet on that board as a bluff?

spivey 11-20-2007 01:59 AM

Why not, if you're thinking about folding 2 pair in a reraised pot.

markuisis 11-20-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not, if you're thinking about folding 2 pair in a reraised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not like villain knows me or is expecting me to lay down a hand which hits that board in a 3bet pot. And the hands hes bluffing with would prob be pps turned into bluffs on a very scary looking board for their hand (not my range) and be willing to put their entire stack in over a large c-bet when i dont have too too much behind. I think hoping to c a bluff in villains range is waaaay too optimistic but w/e.

markuisis 11-20-2007 02:15 AM

Do others just bet/call and hope for the best