Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: Bank won't let me take out money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270010)

mindless 11-28-2006 11:59 AM

Beat: Bank won\'t let me take out money

I moved to NYC from Massachusetts about four months ago, and kept my bank as Sovereign Bank, since they were opening up offices in NYC and I have all my bills and direct deposit set up through them. Anyway, I got invited to an office poker game with either a $1K buyin and needed to get some cash, so I went to the teller this morning and asked for $3k in hundreds after handing her a withdrawal slip. She looked at it a bit and said that I have a Massachusetts account, which has 11 digits, and they can only access NY accounts, which have digits, from this bank. I looked at her funny, and the manager stopped by and said that I could take money out of the ATM, but they won't have this issue resolved until 2Q07 (roughly June 2007) and that I should call up customer service. I went to the ATM, but I can only take out $400 at a time, so it would take me over a week to do that.

I called up customer service and explained the situation. They told me that they couldn't access the funds from NY. I could close the account, open up a new one in NY with 10 digits, and then I could get the money, of course having to set up new billing things and direct deposit and everything. I asked how they would access the money if I closed the account, and they said, uhm...we'd work something out. I told them to work something out now and just give me my money, and they took down my phone number and promised to call me back. F*ck Sovereign Bank.

ASD99 11-28-2006 12:02 PM

Re: Beat: Bank won\'t let me take out money

That is gross, and yeah ATM's blow. I can only take out 400 in a 24hr period. They might as well not give me any money at all in that case.

Split Suit 11-28-2006 12:05 PM

umm...just put all the money you need on a pokersite, have them cut u an overnight check, then cash that check in her face.

and yes, banks suck

Frogpond 11-28-2006 12:06 PM

Just rob that bitch

stinkypete 11-28-2006 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm...just put all the money you need on a pokersite, have them cut u an overnight check, then cash that check in her face.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good idea. then her face can tell you they're putting a 30 day hold on the check. that'll be fun.

chief_ 11-28-2006 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just rob that bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

Split Suit 11-28-2006 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good idea. then her face can tell you they're putting a 30 day hold on the check. that'll be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

then u can put a 30 day hold on her face. and subsequently, spend 30days in a holding cell awaiting trial. i love this game

durkahdurkah 11-28-2006 02:09 PM

Boy, its a good thing I just changed my bank to Sovereign! Now I can join in on all of the excitement first hand!

Banks suck. ALL OF THEM.

XXXNoahXXX 11-28-2006 02:21 PM

Is your bank run by the same people that ran BetWWTS.com?

NT! 11-28-2006 04:07 PM

i just moved to NY from MA and i use Chase i can get like 1k a day i think from the ATM machinez

is the game good? get me in and i could spot you some dough, holla