Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Game Recommendation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546201)

Henry17 11-14-2007 05:23 PM

Game Recommendation

I'm looking for a game recommendation for someone who enjoys cartoon type games. They have Mario Brothers and I was told to get them Crash Bandicote (sp?) but have not been able to find it despite going to almost every local store. I need it for tomorrow so ordering online is not an option. The system is an Nintendo Advanced SP.

Thanks in advance.

Also I don't play video games at all. For X-mas I want to get the same person a system. I've been told WII + XBox is the way to go. Is this correct?

Is there different versions of either system that I should be aware of? I think I've noticed XBoxs at very different prices.

AceLuby 11-14-2007 05:29 PM

Re: Game Recommendation

[ QUOTE ]
Also I don't play video games at all. For X-mas I want to get the same person a system. I've been told WII + XBox is the way to go. Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as easy as this anymore, but it looks like just a Wii would be fine for the game types listed.

splashpot 11-14-2007 05:30 PM

How about Pokemon?

11-14-2007 10:02 PM

Post much OP?

Get Mario Kart for DS.

Vlorg 11-14-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get Mario Kart for DS.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said specifically he needs a game for the Gameboy Advance.

Here are some good cartoony Advanced games that I know of:

Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Brothers 2
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Brothers 3
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Wario Land 4
Drill Dozer
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

Make sure you don't buy a Nintendo DS game.

Vlorg

MikeyObviously 11-14-2007 11:29 PM

does the DS play gameboy games?

Vlorg 11-14-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does the DS play gameboy games?

[/ QUOTE ]

The DS/DS Lite is backwards compatible with Gameboy Advance games but not the original Game Boy or Gameboy color games.

jah7_fsu1 11-14-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been told WII + XBox is the way to go. Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're looking at over a 500 dollar "gift" then. If they enjoy "cartoon type games" then the Wii is probably the best choice, no real need to pick up a 360 with it. Since the person sounds either young, or not really a serious gamer, no real need for two systems. And Wii would have the most cartoon or younger skewing games available.

Henry17 11-15-2007 06:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you don't buy a Nintendo DS game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't buy it but have had a few false hopes as it seems the DS games have their own glass case and then on top of that they over run and take over most of the Advanced case as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you're looking at over a 500 dollar "gift" then. If they enjoy "cartoon type games" then the Wii is probably the best choice, no real need to pick up a 360 with it. Since the person sounds either young, or not really a serious gamer, no real need for two systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a serious gamer. It is for the GF. That being said $500 is a very small fraction of the GF x-mas gift budget. I figured the WII was a given since Mario and Crash seem to be Nintendo only but I wouldn't mind having something with a few first person shooter games and sports games for myself. I'm also not a serious gamer (Last time I played a video game was when Quake III came out. Before that was when I still owned an Amiga) so would a WII cover me as well or would I be better off with both?

crunchi 11-15-2007 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said $500 is a very small fraction of the GF x-mas gift budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!! can i be your GF?