Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Just got accepted into Ga Tech (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286674)

dkgojackets 12-18-2006 11:33 PM

Just got accepted into Ga Tech

Whats my line from here

ed8383 12-19-2006 12:09 AM

Re: Just got accepted into Ga Tech

congrats

T50_Omaha8 12-19-2006 12:09 AM

1) Find a girlfriend quick.

2) I'm not the type personally (I go to UGA), but you should definitely consider joining a good frat. That's the only way I've seen to have a relatively normal college experience at Tech.

3) Come to Athens on the weekends for some fun so you don't blow your brains out.

4) Rocky Mountain Pizza (at Hemphill & 10th) is (or used to be) the place to booze it up underage. I think it's a little harder now, but you'll need a fake ID in Atlanta anyways. Note that you generally shouldn't try to use this ID in Midtown (why would you unless you're gay?) or Buckhead unless you know what you're doing.

*Note that if you're a nerd 2-4 don't apply.

shoxbb6 12-19-2006 12:25 AM

I have to agree with the above poster. Lots of my friends from high school went to Tech and all hate the lack of social life. Either get a fake so you can hit the bars/clubs or join a frat, or just have fun at the LAN parties.

dkgojackets 12-19-2006 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with the above poster. Lots of my friends from high school went to Tech and all hate the lack of social life. Either get a fake so you can hit the bars/clubs or join a frat, or just have fun at the LAN parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know some people there now that advise the same thing.

DemonDeac 12-19-2006 01:11 AM

isnt the guy girl ratio at GA Tech like 70/30??

the gay

o and tech sucks

jupiterpig 12-19-2006 01:51 AM

go to football and basketball games...

Nsight7 12-19-2006 05:01 AM

I got accepted there once (ended up finishing up my BS at Arkansas though before pursuing grad study at Austin).

At any rate, my lab-mate went there and said nothing but great things. I mean yeah, 70-30 guy-girl ratio . . . but this is Atlanta and girl's are just a hop-skip-jump beyond campus (at least according to him). Explore.

cking 12-19-2006 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2) I'm not the type personally (I go to UGA), but you should definitely consider joining a good frat. That's the only way I've seen to have a relatively normal college experience at Tech.

3) Come to Athens on the weekends for some fun so you don't blow your brains out.

4) Rocky Mountain Pizza (at Hemphill & 10th) is (or used to be) the place to booze it up underage. I think it's a little harder now, but you'll need a fake ID in Atlanta anyways. Note that you generally shouldn't try to use this ID in Midtown (why would you unless you're gay?) or Buckhead unless you know what you're doing.

*Note that if you're a nerd 2-4 don't apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much everything he said, you can some quality fakes in underground or get an out of state one before coming to atlanta. Most my friends there were not the frat kind of guys in high school, but they all are in one there as like he said, you want a chance to meet the few attractive girls there (or the groups of high school girls who go to ga tech frat parties), you have to be in a frat.

dkgojackets 12-19-2006 07:26 AM

I wasn't expecting the hot girls in the area to attend GT, but Georgia St. and Emory are right there too.

dkgojackets 12-19-2006 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can finally watch football now that Reggie Ball is gone.

Suigin406 12-19-2006 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, enjoy these...congrats OP...

mmbt0ne 12-19-2006 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. No need. Just go to Emory or UGA and get with whoever you want.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL part 2. Completely unnecessary, but it is one way to accomplish what you want. Or you can just not be lame.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The progression goes:
18-20 "OMG Athens RULES!!!"
21+ "Jesus Christ, are you in Atlanta this weekend? We're coming down."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get into lots of Buckhead bars with a nice fake. Peachtree Tavern being the easiest, and most likely to not have a cover. If you get a good fake, Moondogs all the way. Also, going to any bars over by Emory (Maggies, Famous) is an easy way to get in with a decent fake.

Don't try to drink anywhere without some kind of ID.

T50_Omaha8 12-19-2006 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to ... UGA

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The progression goes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

And a good dating scene at Georgia State is not gonna happen (assuming you're white). That school isn't super friendly to insiders, let alone outsiders, from what I've seen and heard.

As others have said though, I've seen plenty of good looking girls at Tech frat parties. They're often quite promiscuous, too.

mmbt0ne 12-20-2006 12:11 AM

He asked 2 completely different questions which warranted different answers. I don't know why you are confused.

jupiterpig 12-20-2006 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to NC State...hopefully next year we will give GA Tech a game...

Default Name 12-20-2006 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from a Boston College student, that won't happen....TOBlunders0-10 aka Tom O'Brien is not a good coach...to say the least. He will singlehandedly manage to lose at least 1 extra game a year for you.

jupiterpig 12-20-2006 07:48 PM

i am calling a 8-4 season with a descent bowl game...we have the talent, just not the discipline.

DemonDeac 12-20-2006 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from a Boston College student, that won't happen....TOBlunders0-10 aka Tom O'Brien is not a good coach...to say the least. He will singlehandedly manage to lose at least 1 extra game a year for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

we beat you all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jupiterpig 12-20-2006 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche...great season...oh and your kicker is my hero

Default Name 12-21-2006 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche...great season...oh and your kicker is my hero

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconding the props to Wake Forest and Sam Swank....the game against you was the only one that i respect the opponent for beating us. Against N.C. State and Miami I maintain that we beat ourselves due to poor coaching, but Wake Forest you just played better.

professormike 12-23-2006 11:20 AM

First you can enjoy WVU crushing GT in the Gator Bowl. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

StaticShock 12-23-2006 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats my line from here

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask yourself "Do I really, really, really want to be an engineer?" If the answer is 'yes' then go for it. If not, I'd suggest going elsewhere, there is still time. I speak from experience here having gone there for five years.

spyyderz 01-16-2007 02:02 AM

i go to georgia state.

i come from the 3rd best high school in georgia, it was a public school, but you had to apply to get into it and could get kicked out of it and sent back to a regular high school

so safe to say people there were smart

we had several people from our high school in my grade to go to georgia tech.
our valedictorian failed the first semester
several others dropped by the end of the year
all but two remain now. a chinese guy, and some super dedicated/smart guy.

i have other friends who go there from my high school, and they all say one thing

its a pain in the ass.

when i was looking for colleges, i thought about applying for georgia tech.
My mom said no, im not wasting the application money because youre too stupid to go there.

i am SOOOOOO happy i listened to her.

here i am... at georgia state... not learning anything... not really doing anything... maintaining 3.2 gpa... earning a degree in computer science which will help me get a job, just because its a degree.

what the guy before me said, do you really, really, really, wanna be an engineer? if so, you pass through those semesters, you will probably find yourself a good job.
if you seriously want to make your degree count, just make sure whatever your degree is in, it isnt something thats offered in every college (english, history, business, computer science, philosphy etc...) stick to those crazy engineering things like computer engineering, industrial engineering etc....

T50_Omaha8 01-17-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i go to georgia state.

i come from the 3rd best high school in georgia, it was a public school, but you had to apply to get into it and could get kicked out of it and sent back to a regular high school

i have other friends who go there from my high school, and they all say one thing

its a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah it's hard, but not absolutely outrageous. None of my friends form high school (approx 10) who went there have dropped out to my knowledge, and I'm from a normal, well off suburban ATL high school. Did you actually go to a retard academy and not know it?

Seriously, if you can only muster a 3.2 at State then you're either no genius or you haven't done a lick of work.

OP, don't worry about this post.

cking 01-18-2007 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i go to georgia state.

its a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah it's hard, but not absolutely outrageous. None of my friends form high school (approx 10) who went there have dropped out to my knowledge, and I'm from a normal, well off suburban ATL high school. Did you actually go to a retard academy and not know it?

Seriously, if you can only muster a 3.2 at State then you're either no genius or you haven't done a lick of work.

OP, don't worry about this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol i kind of had this thought. I went to public school (marietta) then moved to a private school out in roswell. A number of kids i know from high school went to Gatech. Lets just say those kids are all still there, but none of them exactly had social lives either.

If a balanced college life style is what your after, going to pretty much any of the SEC schools will give it to you, and they all are good at some subject (even south carolina has the #1 international business school)

scotchnrocks 01-18-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ask yourself "Do I really, really, really want to be an engineer?" If the answer is 'yes' then go for it. If not, I'd suggest going elsewhere, there is still time. I speak from experience here having gone there for five years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the other responses still apply, this is the most important thing to consider. I got a BS and MS in engineering from GT and had a great time.

d10 01-18-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The progression goes:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought being in the middle of Atlanta was the one thing GT had going for it. Why would someone commute from a major US city to a college town for entertainment? That just seems backwards.

cking 01-19-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The progression goes:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought being in the middle of Atlanta was the one thing GT had going for it. Why would someone commute from a major US city to a college town for entertainment? That just seems backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered yourself. Just means there are alot more people your age and alot more things people under 21 can do.

mmbt0ne 01-20-2007 07:36 PM

d10,

It's a lot harder to get into bars in Atlanta.

All others,

I went to good ole public HS in Fayette County.

Graduated from GT in 9 semesters with highest honors in Industrial Engineering.

I had a social life.

Other posters here such as FFK and Anacardo can attest to me not being a genius or spending all my time studying.

T50_Omaha8 01-21-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to good ole public HS in Fayette County.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weird...Mcintosh here.

2p2's random side forums are pretty well observed, it seems.

Fast Food Knight 01-21-2007 02:42 PM

If you want a social life/college experience at all, join a fraternity. PM me if you want opinions on specific ones.

MusashiStyle 01-21-2007 09:07 PM

join a frat.

mmbt0ne 01-22-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want a social life/college experience at all, join a fraternity.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU