Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   traz made a video! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502343)

traz 09-16-2007 03:21 PM

traz made a video!

So I made my first video, it's of me 4-tabling at 50nl. It was a pretty fun experience but it's a little weird having to talk through your actions for 45 minutes. Not a ton of interesting things happened, but some of you might find it helpful. In the coming week or so I hope to make 1 or 2 more 50nl videos with some more marginal situations. I'll probably edit them into the OP and then bump the thread.

Anyways, here it is. Cheers

traz's 50nl vid #1

Fetzi 09-16-2007 03:26 PM

Re: traz made a video!

thx, but maybe use rapidshare next time

Spinners 09-16-2007 03:32 PM

thank you I will take a look almighty trazy

BetweenTheLines 09-16-2007 03:46 PM

nh traz,downloading right now

Upgrade_U 09-16-2007 04:01 PM

Could ANYONE upload it some other place ? megaupload isnt working for me
and also what site did you play on ?

Pokerdemic 09-16-2007 04:11 PM

gracias. it's downloading now.

hennnerz 09-16-2007 04:19 PM

nit!

its on party. there is a fair few silent pauses too.

what stats did you run at for this session? you are indeed major tight UTG.

also wma tells me I have to close the file after around 11mins, just after you fold 44 to the 4bet. not sure if this is just me or what?

traz 09-16-2007 04:56 PM

I ran about 18/16 after that session. I'd upload to rapidshare but it's not working for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

As for having to close the file, no idea

Milky 09-16-2007 07:05 PM

traz, about 30 min in, you have AKo in SB and its folded to button who raises. You folded because you said you'd been 3betting him a lot and was giving him a break. Can you explain why you didn't 3bet here? I would think this would be a great hand to 3bet with in this spot.

Also this is a great vid and I've picked up a few tips for improving my game.

Ramana 09-16-2007 07:07 PM

dling right now. what level do you nprmally play traz?

Milky 09-16-2007 07:12 PM

Another question... You like to 3bet light when in the blinds against a button raise (pretty much any PP right?). Would you do this at 10NL as well? What about against someone who would call your 3bet with any ATC?

CruS 09-16-2007 07:38 PM

are there any audio in this video?

Milky 09-16-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are there any audio in this video?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

LT22 09-16-2007 08:10 PM

1) those tables were wayyyyyy tight
2) learn to table select

orig!naL 09-16-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
traz, about 30 min in, you have AKo in SB and its folded to button who raises. You folded because you said you'd been 3betting him a lot and was giving him a break. Can you explain why you didn't 3bet here? I would think this would be a great hand to 3bet with in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the video, but if you ever feel you are 3-betting someone to much and you are holding AKo.. do NOT stop. You want your opponent on tilt. If he is getting sick of you betting into him and starts to play back light/tilty, this is a PERFECT situation for you.

I recommend keeping the AF up next time with your premium hands.

traz 09-16-2007 09:01 PM

I just checked, I had AJo and not AK. In general I don't like 3betting with AJ. It gets dominated by anyone who calls, and I'm never happy unless I flop 2pair or better.

As for 3betting light at 10nl...I don't really know what the dynamics are like. If people are going to call you lightly then it's not nearly as effective.

traz 09-16-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) learn to table select

[/ QUOTE ]

I just opened 4 random tables. I mean..I could've specifically looked for donks and just value shoved everytime I got tptk, but seeing that doesn't really help anyone play.

thing85 09-16-2007 09:13 PM

Anyone having trouble seeing the video? I'm getting audio but apparently I don't have the proper video codec. I got my player up to date, but still no luck with the video.

CruS 09-16-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone having trouble seeing the video? I'm getting audio but apparently I don't have the proper video codec. I got my player up to date, but still no luck with the video.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have the right codecs either.
I am working on a fresh laptop with ubuntu, but downloaded the standard w32 codecs and using mplayer did the trick, since w32 is windows codecs, and mplayer is for windows too. Perhaps you can try that out.

traz 09-16-2007 09:25 PM

There's definitely something wrong. I"m not sure what it is. A few people have told me they get no video. In addition, I just restarted my computer and now I myself can't see the video.

It really makes no sense. I'm gonna recompress and reupload one and see if it's any better

inverted 09-16-2007 09:34 PM

its probably just the codecs, basically every video needs the link to the codec or someone always says OMG it doesnt work for me I dont get video.

traz 09-16-2007 09:35 PM

I know, but I have no idea why it would be a rare codec, or why I myself all of a sudden don't have the right codecs (when it was obviously working for me before)

inverted 09-16-2007 09:39 PM

strange (:

Sometimes codecs do weird things, all my divx movies play the wrong way around if I use Windows Media.

LT22 09-16-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) learn to table select

[/ QUOTE ]

I just opened 4 random tables. I mean..I could've specifically looked for donks and just value shoved everytime I got tptk, but seeing that doesn't really help anyone play.

[/ QUOTE ]

do u ever table select?

Eric Draven 09-16-2007 09:43 PM

Works fine for me *shrug*

Good video, I would like to see another.

I am a little curious as to your reasoning on folding AJ UTG and raising KQ UTG, when realistically they would only both be dominated by the same two hands (AK and AQ). I'm also really tight UTG, I usually fold both, but lately I've been opening up my UTG just a bit with mixed success.

CruS 09-16-2007 09:45 PM

I was talking to my friend about that, the AJo & KQo thing, and he didn't have a good answer and said they are pretty equal AJo being slightly better.

Milky 09-16-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked, I had AJo and not AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, you're right. I guess I was confused since you got AK a lot it seemed. Thanks again for the vid.

sosorry 09-16-2007 10:15 PM

if you get no video you gotta install the tscc codec from http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

Spinners 09-16-2007 10:18 PM

I cant view it either.

clowntable 09-16-2007 10:39 PM

tl;dw
KQ can flop an OESD with two cards, AJ can't.

fozzy71 09-16-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant view it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if you get no video you gotta install the tscc codec from http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

TheArtfulDodger 09-17-2007 05:23 AM

misclickaments rule! nice vid.

icanseeyourcards 09-17-2007 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
misclickaments rule! nice vid.

[/ QUOTE ]

thing85 09-17-2007 08:38 AM

Thanks for the video, traz. I've only watched about half of it so far, but I find it to be helpful. Anytime you can see and hear another player's thought process when playing is very helpful, IMO. I'd be interested in seeing more.

BTW, I like the 3-bet AI from the SB with the small PP.

traz 09-17-2007 10:07 AM

Cool, thanks for watching guys. Glad it's starting to work for some of you :P

As for the AJ vs KQ debate...I've just found KQ to be much easier to play. AJ tends to run into more problems, especially OOP. Firstly, even if a J flops, you still have two overcards that can hit the board as well (K/Q). Secondly, alot of players like to play Ax. While this might seem good at first glance, it makes playing AJ very difficult oop. Imagine the board comes Axy...you bet, someone behind you raises. You never really know if he has a weaker ace, a better ace, two pair, or anything really. You're really just left in the dark with this medium Ace.

With KQ, you don't really run into those problems. Not many people play Kx, except maybe KT or KJ. There's also only the one overcard (an A).

It's just alot easier to play on the whole. Right now I could probably throw AJo into my UTG range and be fine...but when I was playing 50nl it was alot safer for me to take it out. I was a loser with it from UTG.

Danimal 3000 09-17-2007 10:14 AM

is this rehosted anywhere since megaupload doesn't work?

scallop 09-17-2007 10:25 AM

Id quite like to make a vid - wondering how to do this????

traz 09-17-2007 10:27 AM

There's a thread in the sticky that explains how to make a vid.

megaupload works fine as long as you haven't dled anything in the last 8 hours from there :P

If you have an alternative I'll upload it there too

Spurious 09-17-2007 10:51 AM

I can upload it at Rapidshare.com, if it's ok with you.

traz 09-17-2007 10:52 AM

sure, that'd be awesome if you could