Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   How many times does perma-banned Cyrus get to post under a new account (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455850)

BluffTHIS! 07-20-2007 12:56 PM

Re: How many times does perma-banned Cyrus get to post under a new acc

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/S...a_vl.widec.jpg

tuq 07-20-2007 01:01 PM

Obv iron's PM box is full so Bluff had to start this thread. iron, clear out your inbox, thx.

Howard Beale 07-20-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"for something that could have easily been resolved in PM"

Yeah, seriously, BT this is the lamest of the lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

nation,

ATF would just be a quiet ghost town if not for occasional politics form drama threads.

Plus in all seriousness, I outed the Mickey Brausch account as being that of Cyrus from the get go, and yet was told by many posters I was full of it. Apparently it took them 1000 posts or so to get it. And iron admitted he ignored the Mickey account as being that of Cyrus even though he felt "guilty" about it. So I just wanted to get this on record early with this account.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'Mickey Brausch' account was so obviously Cyrus that deducing it was him was no great feat. I only half remember why he was banned and think he shouldn't have been in the first place. He was always polite. I'd like to know why he was banned, exactly. It seemed to me at the time that it was simply that his views offended the wrong people.

niss 07-20-2007 02:08 PM

Uh oh.

evil twin 07-20-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/S...a_vl.widec.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Google image search for "clinton obama".

secretprankster 07-20-2007 03:00 PM

2+2 should definitely make it tougher for those that are perma-banned to return.

[Phill] 07-20-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nation,

ATF would just be a quiet ghost town if not for occasional politics form drama threads.

Plus in all seriousness, I outed the Mickey Brausch account as being that of Cyrus from the get go, and yet was told by many posters I was full of it. Apparently it took them 1000 posts or so to get it. And iron admitted he ignored the Mickey account as being that of Cyrus even though he felt "guilty" about it. So I just wanted to get this on record early with this account.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'Mickey Brausch' account was so obviously Cyrus that deducing it was him was no great feat. I only half remember why he was banned and think he shouldn't have been in the first place. He was always polite. I'd like to know why he was banned, exactly. It seemed to me at the time that it was simply that his views offended the wrong people.

[/ QUOTE ]

He questioned the actions of Israel - im pretty sure this was back when Israel was firing rockets at civilian targets like red cross ambulances in Lebanon after Jihadists captured Israeli soldiers acting illegally in Lebanese territory. To my knowledge, the soldiers captured STILL havent been released - which was the only condition Israel had set when their war against Lebanonese people began - and in the prosess united them with the Jihadist factions of the south in their hatred of Israel.

Of course, saying such things is of course not allowed - yet when Bluff makes obvious racist remarks about Muslims that is 100% acceptable.

Aloysius 07-20-2007 03:09 PM

lol - I wasn't sure, now I am sure.

-Al

niss 07-20-2007 04:18 PM

jman220 ... paging jman220 ... please report to atf stet ... please report to atf stet

Howard Beale 07-20-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nation,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He questioned the actions of Israel - im pretty sure this was back when Israel was firing rockets at civilian targets like red cross ambulances in Lebanon after Jihadists captured Israeli soldiers acting illegally in Lebanese territory. To my knowledge, the soldiers captured STILL havent been released - which was the only condition Israel had set when their war against Lebanonese people began - and in the prosess united them with the Jihadist factions of the south in their hatred of Israel.

Of course, saying such things is of course not allowed - yet when Bluff makes obvious racist remarks about Muslims that is 100% acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I support Israel for the most part and was completely comfortable with Cyrus's views (and yours too). It's not as if they are uncommon or totally unsupportable. Nobody is perfect. At any rate I thought he was polite and documented his positions and I had no problem w/ him. I know things got very hot in Politics at that time w/ that issue but I still wouldn't have banned him. OTOH, this is not my forum and I know it and I sort of understand the reasons he was banned and all of that so that's that.