Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

Boiler_bd 03-26-2007 09:37 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[ QUOTE ]
Nez477

[/ QUOTE ]

RLY? neil

shortline99 03-26-2007 09:38 AM

i refuse to read into the page choices given their wording, knowing what i do about GT and VR

shortline99 03-26-2007 09:39 AM

MDD

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 09:40 AM

** STRATEGY POST #2 **

Please read further into my post here, more than meets the eye. The following power-roles are, for the moment, only useful as confirmed villagers. They are only useful for being claimed if they are going to be lynched; anyone who claims these roles cannot be lynched, we must move onto someone else. You must claim this role if you're these power villagers so we don't waste a lynch.

The Bard: A confirmed villager.
The Scout: A confirmed villager (as long as the saboteur is alive. Once the saboteur is dead, the scout can do interesting things). However, as long as the Saboteur is alive, The Scout should not come out and say "take X path, it's really good", because obviously, the saboteur will bomb it then.
The Veteran: A confirmed villager.

The Priest (Angel)
and The Seer / Mini-Seer are obviously extremely important.

** STRATEGY POST #2 **

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 09:47 AM

** STRATEGY POST #3 **

The Fortuneteller should not peek from this set of players when they get their FIRST AND SECOND peek:

{LuckayLuck (The Crazy), Tiedup14 (The Unknown), Econophile (The Always Wolfy), WDCBooks (The Always Villagery)}.

I have chosen 4 players which cover 4 seperate playstyle spectrums on purpose. The thing is, since The Apprentice only gets 1 peek every 3 days, it's extremely likely that The Apprentice will duplicate one of The Fortuneteller's Peeks. This way, The Fortuneteller still has an extremely large amount of people they can peek, and The Apprentice is guaranteed to peek their choice of a specific player with a certain playstyle in my list.

This strategy post is debatable, feel free to debate it...

** STRATEGY POST #3 **

sighing 03-26-2007 09:47 AM

Zurvan.. Ah, it's good to be back playing a game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Too bad Xorbie's not here.

Luckay.. Sounds to me like there are two dimensions to the choice. One is speed, and the other is investigation. You can bias towards one or the other, or split them evenly. I'm not sure exactly what speed would get you (maybe a key plot point will happen earlier, e.g. getting to the queendom), or what information would get you (seer gets a free peek? Random role revealed in public?), but I don't think any of the choices is the obvious one right now.

That said, I'm not inclined to move backward (doesn't seem like that would really work.. some plot point would block us from rejoining, maybe). Moving forward while investigating seems most natural, so I'm leaning toward Page 32.

shortline99 03-26-2007 09:48 AM

Luckay -

Stop. trying. so. hard.

Neil S 03-26-2007 09:48 AM

Less seer strategy, more wolf hunting, please.

Luckayluck

Zurvan 03-26-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Luckay -

Stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

shortline99 03-26-2007 09:49 AM

i can pretty much guarantee that most choices involving standing still will get us moving faster than any other choice