Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   folding KK preflop 50NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499051)

rianb 09-11-2007 10:53 PM

folding KK preflop 50NL

Ok so maybe i'm being a little results oriented but it seems players at this level won't get it all in pre with less than AA, and i've been stacked 3 times my last 3 sessions with KK>AA. Here's an example that just happened:

eff stacks $55, i raise KK in the HJ, CO repots it. I've played with this guy a little the last couple of days and he's been 3 betting me pre more than most, don't think he gives me much respect so I'm not too worried about him. SB repots to about $25. I really want to fold but can't because I'm a station and get stacked by AA.

I really don't think many players at this level get it in with less than AA but I can't seem to lay down KK pre, is this a huge leak?

doppelganger 09-11-2007 10:58 PM

Re: folding KK preflop 50NL

I would lay it down in the scenario you describe. I will VERY rarely lay it down HU though. I'd need a good read that he's a supernit PF.

Gospy 09-11-2007 11:01 PM

I'm not folding KK in that scenario or most other scenarios.

rianb 09-11-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty much my thinking but i've been questioning it more and more lately, maybe it's results oriented??

I don't know though, does your avg 50nl player get it in with worse there? because I've been getting burned every time

PinkMartini 09-11-2007 11:08 PM

Get it in nearly 100%. I've seen donks at those stakes stack off with 99 - AA, AJs, AQos

Rounder101 09-11-2007 11:11 PM

NEVER fold KK PF. There are MINIMUM cases u may lay it down, but in this scenario ur describing absolutely call all the time.
SBs range is not AA, his range is AA,KK,QQ, AK, maybe even JJ or TT, not to mention possible bluffs.

rianb 09-11-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NEVER fold KK PF. There are MINIMUM cases u may lay it down, but in this scenario ur describing absolutely call all the time.
SBs range is not AA, his range is AA,KK,QQ, AK, maybe even JJ or TT, not to mention possible bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

do people really bluff squeeze here at this limit? interesting i guess i just have a small sample and am catching the worst of it. I would've also thought AK might lay down to this action so far out of the blinds...

five4suited 09-11-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty much my thinking but i've been questioning it more and more lately, maybe it's results oriented??

I don't know though, does your avg 50nl player get it in with worse there? because I've been getting burned every time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they do. It's ok to question it though, because you realize you might be results-oriented (which you are). Bad run, that's all.

Also, iirc the supernits min-raise or -reraise rather than pot-raise when they have the nuts.

neil705 09-11-2007 11:15 PM

any time u have a chance to push kk pre flop take it if he shows AA suck it in and rebuy

rianb 09-11-2007 11:24 PM

ok, sounds good. thanks for the help, all. feeling better about it all =)