Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Am i too sexy for my shirt? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555743)

fivesense 11-27-2007 05:41 PM

Am i too sexy for my shirt?

Cp 30 game
standard herd of morons with schnieds, bk, and i sitting next to eachother observing the animals in the zoo and dodging their poo flinging

UTG is the top of the top morons. Just sucks in general and plays his hands super wierd. Sometimes he raises with air, sometimes he waits to raise top pair until the river, sometimes he has quads. For what its worth, as i think its important in this hand, i watched him call the turn after spiking an ace (a8 on an 57JA5 board) on the turn then raise the river and pay off a three bet by the button who had quad 5's.

UTG raises, folds to hero in BB who 3 bets A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero bets, UTG calls

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero bets, UTG raises, hero calls

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero checks, UTG bets, Hero check raises

I kinda want to hear thoughts on the hand before I share some of mine.. Thanks for the input in advance!

PokerBob 11-27-2007 05:47 PM

Re: Am i too sexy for my shirt?

[ QUOTE ]
Cp 30 game
standard herd of morons with schnieds, bk, and i sitting next to eachother observing the animals in the zoo and dodging their poo flinging

UTG is the top of the top morons. Just sucks in general and plays his hands super wierd. Sometimes he raises with air, sometimes he waits to raise top pair until the river, sometimes he has quads. For what its worth, as i think its important in this hand, i watched him call the turn after spiking an ace (a8 on an 57JA5 board) on the turn then raise the river and pay off a three bet by the button who had quad 5's.

UTG raises, folds to hero in BB who 3 bets A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero bets, UTG calls

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero bets, UTG raises, hero calls

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero checks, UTG bets, Hero check raises

I kinda want to hear thoughts on the hand before I share some of mine.. Thanks for the input in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

i like.

Kirby99 11-27-2007 05:47 PM

you finally did it

that_pope 11-27-2007 05:57 PM

While he plays weird postflop, this doesn't describe his preflop raising range from UTG. Some people will never raise AJ here, and if this is the case, I would much prefer to have AK as opposed to AQ here. And what are we planning if he reraises?? Can we lay this down, or somehow put a 3rd bet into the pot on the river (the fifth bet on large streets with only one pair!).

private joker 11-27-2007 06:00 PM

So sexy it hurts.

MitchL 11-27-2007 06:02 PM

Dave you told us everything about villain except his propensity to bet the river with hands that dont contain an ace or with just plain air. With the info you have provided I would be trying to bet/3 here.

DeathDonkey 11-27-2007 06:38 PM

Uh given you got raised on the turn this isn't a sexy. In fact this seems suboptimal to 3 betting the turn because lots of people FSDR all the damn time.

-DeathDonkey

MitchL 11-27-2007 06:40 PM

didnt see he got raised on the turn. Not sure what his turn habits are so I would get to sd.

Munchkin Mayor 11-27-2007 07:00 PM

that's a ballsy value raise on the river against a guy who may just have 96 here.

fivesense 11-27-2007 08:10 PM

from what i saw he is willingly to do this with 76,86,56,98, Ax
my thought was in two parts. First, if i check and he has air he is going to fire this river 100%. That being said, he most likely has at least a pair in this spot because he seemed like the type to peel/fold when he missed. He will pay me off with every one pair hand. He also is too retarded to 3 bet me with two pair and will just call with two pair hands regardless so I'll never open myself up to being outplayed by him.

haha I get all excited thinking i might be sexy and chris has to call me fat- real nice buddy lol

Mitch- Bet/3balling doesnt work i think because this guy will freeze up to often and just call with an ace and an 8/7 whereas he'll bet/call both if we check to him. Also His opening standards are non existant.

edited to address mitch