Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Two Good Friends: One ticket (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554767)

BobbyLight 11-26-2007 01:10 PM

Two Good Friends: One ticket

I am kind of busy here but I figured this would be a decent OOT topic. My aunt just called and told me she has two ridiculously good seats for Sunday's Eagles-Seahawks matchup.

I have two really close friends who are hardcore Eagles fans and both would love to go to the game. They know that I got the tickets.

One for me, one for?

How do I settle this? Kind of a messed up situation where one is gonna get burned.

And no I'm not going to give them both of them..

What's the best way to settle this?

evagaba 11-26-2007 01:11 PM

Re: Two Good Friends: One ticket

100BB HU SNG

blinden84 11-26-2007 01:13 PM

why is everyone so socially inept on here?

has either of them done you a big favor recently?

if no then coinflip?

NutCrackerr 11-26-2007 01:16 PM

Give both your friends a ticket, you stay home and enjoy the karma!

punkass 11-26-2007 01:18 PM

you tell them both you only have one ticket. sounds like a standard paper scissors rock situation to me.

oddjob 11-26-2007 01:18 PM

didn't you see that episode of what's happening?

you scalp the tickets and get 3 crappier tickets. ldo.

unless of course you get busted by an undercover and your mama whips you with your belt.

mosdef 11-26-2007 01:20 PM

Does either friend have breasts?

Alobar 11-26-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

has either of them done you a big favor recently?

if no then coinflip?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for something as major as this, a best 2 of 3 paper rock scissors is in order

Vyse 11-26-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world does everyone say threads like this = socially inept? Stop the thinly veiled brags. It's simply a thread, maybe someone comes up with a really good idea that they wouldn't / didn't think of, or maybe everyone has bad ideas and OP doesn't use anyone's. Point is a good thread can come from it, so stfu and stop taking this forum so seriously.

BobbyLight 11-26-2007 01:27 PM

No big favors from either side...

Coinflip is so obvious and kind of "socially inept" to me

BobbyLight 11-26-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope; both guys

mosdef 11-26-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope; both guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Invite a girl instead then.

oddjob 11-26-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing that because the internets has allowed us to have no real social interactions with people, and allows us to ask strangers about situations.

are you saying when you were young you didn't wish you could get a bunch of different people's opinions on stuff? christ if i had this kinda of access when i was young, i might not be such a retard now.

if you're such a winner at life, then get off the internets. jeez.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world does everyone say threads like this = socially inept? Stop the thinly veiled brags. It's simply a thread, maybe someone comes up with a really good idea that they wouldn't / didn't think of, or maybe everyone has bad ideas and OP doesn't use anyone's. Point is a good thread can come from it, so stfu and stop taking this forum so seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocking that the non-tipper doesn't understand why asking this question makes OP socially inept.

34TheTruth34 11-26-2007 01:41 PM

HU rock/paper/scissors >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> coinflip imo

It's Brandt 11-26-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bat vs. Knife fight to the death >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> coinflip imo

[/ QUOTE ]

mrkilla 11-26-2007 01:43 PM

bring a family member instead if you can

Else tell each one separately about the situation who ever says "let xyz go" instead is obv the better friend and the person you should take

King Solomon's Philosophy ftw

blinden84 11-26-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shocking that the non-tipper doesn't understand why asking this question makes OP socially inept.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means, but that doesn't really surprise me considering the source.

bobman0330 11-26-2007 01:43 PM

An auction is socially efficient!

Aces McGee 11-26-2007 01:44 PM

All things being equal -- assuming you don't care which one you go with -- either get them to a)decide between them which one gets the extra ticket; or b)agree on a way to determine which one of them gets the extra ticket (coinflip, roshambo, etc.) No way should you be just picking one of them.

-McGee

Vyse 11-26-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, a self-indictment.

oddjob 11-26-2007 01:47 PM

ask them both for a BJ. the one willing to, gets tthe ticket. and if they both offer, the one who's bettere, obv.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means, but that doesn't really surprise me considering the source.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get what I mean?

Vyse, who has said that he doesn't tip, therefore making him a social retard, is the one defending the OP, who asked a question that anyone with half a brain could figure out the answer to.

mosdef 11-26-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bring a family member instead if you can

Else tell each one separately about the situation who ever says "let xyz go" instead is obv the better friend and the person you should take

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, offer to rip the ticket in half and give them each half the ticket. Your line from there is obvious.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of 100 "harcore Eagles fans", how many would ever give up this ticket for the other friend (discounting the small percentage that might know what was up and pull the old reverse by offering to let the other one go, knowing full well that doing so will get him the ticket).

blinden84 11-26-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get what I mean?

Vyse, who has said that he doesn't tip, therefore making him a social retard, is the one defending the OP, who asked a question that anyone with half a brain could figure out the answer to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really understanding how this relates to the thread.

but regardless, the OP and the people thinking that we should know enough about his social situations to solve his problems, well, that's just stupid.

JackInDaCrak 11-26-2007 02:05 PM

Bring whichever [censored] philly fan will produce more C-cell batteries for throwing

Aces McGee 11-26-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bring whichever [censored] philly fan will produce more C-cell batteries for throwing

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot these were Philly fans. Kill both of them, take whichever's girlfriend is the hottest to the game with you.

-McGee

2/325Falcon 11-26-2007 02:08 PM

Scalp grandma's tickets and watch the game on TV with coke and whores.

gravycakes 11-26-2007 02:08 PM

Are you a big Eagles or Seahawk fan? If not let them both go. You might feel good about yourself for once in your life.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really understanding how this relates to the thread.

but regardless, the OP and the people thinking that we should know enough about his social situations to solve his problems, well, that's just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you are too retarded to understand a simple sentence, you agree with what i said, but you figure you'll try to twist it into a slam against me anyways? cool!

blinden84 11-26-2007 02:27 PM

A) I don't agree with what you said, I agree with what I said, if you agree with that, then fine, but I'm still not sure what you said.

B) you must be referencing some other thread or something about this tip thing, making it confusing, because, some people don't read every thread and remember what everyone posts in it

3) I still don't understand why this thread even exists.

Edit: nm, just saw the location.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 02:32 PM

blinden,

1) His avatar is Mr. Pink and his undertitle is Mrs Pink. Mr. Pink is a character from Reservoir Dogs famous for his speech about not tipping.

2) His location is "not tipping"

3) I said he is a "non-tipper" which by definition means he doesn't tip.

4) If you're going to get frightened and confused every time someone references a prior thread, you should probably leave OOT forever.

Mason Hellmuth 11-26-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sword vs. Morningstar fight to the death >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> coinflip imo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rutang 11-26-2007 04:50 PM

eagles trivia HU is the answer, obv.

other good options include Eagles v Eagles Madden, or a random cool game from your youth that plays well HU, like Connect 4.

oh, and great what's happening? reference by oddjob.

g-bebe 11-26-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles v Eagles Madden

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the best nomination so far

Y2Dennis 11-26-2007 05:35 PM

Take me instead.

Or Eagles v Eagles Madden sounds good too, with TR obviously.

tarheeljks 11-26-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you tell them both you only have one ticket. sounds like a standard paper scissors rock situation to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a plan to me

Vyse 11-26-2007 06:27 PM

rofl noah good job

DarrenX 11-26-2007 06:28 PM

I'll occasionally get free tickets to games through my work. I have 6 main friends that fight over these. It's become the norm in our group to pick a number between 1 and 1,000 via e-mail, the furthest away get nuthin'. Not sure if they like it that way, but it helps me sleep at night.