Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pair and a draw...let's do it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548764)

Hollywade 11-18-2007 03:46 AM

Pair and a draw...let\'s do it

I want to get all my dollars in the pot here, but I couldn't decide how to go about it.

1) Bet and hope for someone to raise
2) Check and hope for someone to bet so I can raise

What do you guys think? I wasn't crazy about making this kind of overbet, but like I said, I wanted to get it all in there on the flop.

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 80/160 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: 545
SB: 8,710
Hero (BB): 2,460
UTG: 10,820
UTG+1: 5,500
UTG+2: 7,164
MP1: 8,200
MP2: 4,015
CO: 1,705

Pre-Flop: (240) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls 160, MP1 calls 160, 3 folds, SB calls 80, Hero checks

Flop: (640) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+2 bets 160</font>, MP1 calls 160, SB calls 160, <font color="red">Hero raises to 2,300 and is All-In</font>

Dunkman 11-18-2007 03:49 AM

Re: Pair and a draw...let\'s do it

This is good, it's not that much of an overbet really.

jonnyd 11-19-2007 01:26 PM

its pretty transparent and i think you're getting looked up by better flushdraws here a lot but its not horrible

JammyDodga 11-19-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its pretty transparent and i think you're getting looked up by better flushdraws here a lot but its not horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

He's ahead of "better flush draws" though right?

I think the play is fine, and I probaly plan on the CRAI as well, but after the min raise, and the calls, I consider calling to keep it multi-way and ramp up my implied odds, whilst maybe being able to get away from it if the turn and river bricks.

I think the pot is a little small to be planning on getting it all on the flop automatically.

JesseB_11 11-19-2007 01:40 PM

Looks good. A little deeper I like a bet/3bet all in.

jonnyd 11-19-2007 01:44 PM

is he?

lets say they have A9s for arguments sake

its 48% A9s, 52% 75s. basically a deadlock. now i know theres dead money in there and thats if someone doesnt get all brave on you and call you with say K8 or Q8 or some [censored].

im just saying i'd rather do this with a higher flush draw so its not the optimal c/r shove a pair+draw combo only because if you get looked up by either a better flush draw or a better pair you're really not in as good of shape as usual.

with the amount of people taking interest in calling a bet on the flop im willing to assume there might be a better flush draw out there a lot of the time

McMelchior 11-19-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing transparent here.

How would you play a set, any two pair combo, a str8/flush draw, even possible TPTK or 99 here?

A pot size raise here would commit t1,440, or more than half of hero's stack.

This is pretty much always a push.

KneeCo 11-19-2007 03:25 PM

I lead the flop with two players left to act (~380), flop checked around really sucks in this spot.

pokerg1 11-19-2007 03:36 PM

looks good, play is fine

jonnyd 11-19-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing transparent here.

How would you play a set, any two pair combo, a str8/flush draw, even possible TPTK or 99 here?

A pot size raise here would commit t1,440, or more than half of hero's stack.

This is pretty much always a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually a lot of those i would lead

and i think a lot of people would rather c/r the draw because of the added fold equity.

just because its transparent doesnt make it bad.

and so what if you do it with a lot of other hands. A LOT of players are going to think he is playing a flush draw like this because this has become almost the default play for a hand like this, and i wouldnt put it against them for putting him on a flush draw. this time he actually has it instead of the other hands in his range. thats why i said its fairly transparent