Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   FPPs --> Porsche --> $$ ?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545945)

Hock_ 11-14-2007 11:28 AM

FPPs --> Porsche --> $$ ??

I am about to hit 3 million FPPs on Stars, which is enough for the Porsche. But I don't want a Porsche, I want the value of the Porsche in cash. I e-mailed Stars, and their response was:

>> 3 Million FPP Porsche purchase is worth $60,000. Please make the
purchase
>> and PokerStars will bank wire $60,000 to the dealership to help with the
>> purchase of the car. The direct cash option is $45,000. The Porsche is a
>> grand prize item with a better rate than our cash option.
>>
>> Thank you for being a Supernova VIP on PokerStars.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scotty
>> PokerStars VIP Team

This seems pretty silly, and I told them so, but they don't seem willing to budge. Anyone out there have any luck getting $$ instead of the car? Or has anyone sold the value of the credit to someone for cash and can give me advice regarding the best way to do so?

sonneti 11-14-2007 12:23 PM

Re: FPPs --> Porsche --> $$ ??

Time to befriend a porsche dealer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KLJ 11-14-2007 02:22 PM

go to a porsche dealer, and say, "what if somebody was going to buy me a porsche and I wanted to sell it back immediately, how much $ would I be able to get for it?"

Tilt_Monkey 11-14-2007 02:40 PM

Sometimes, asking for the email to be forwarded to a manager, can solve these matters.
Maybe you can explain to them that a player who has earned 3 Million points deserves better treatment. Also you can mention that other sites offer rakeback and Stars does not.

Hock_ 11-14-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: KLJ
Subject: Re: FPPs --> Porsche --> $$ ??

go to a porsche dealer, and say, "what if somebody was going to buy me a porsche and I wanted to sell it back immediately, how much $ would I be able to get for it?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but I expect they'd give me a figure significantly below $60k. I'd do better selling the $60k credit to someone about to buy a Porsche, but that raises issues like where best to find that person (although camping out outside the Porsche dealership down the street seems like it might be kind of funny) and how to structure the deal so I don't get screwed (by giving him the credit and then not getting paid).

Dennisa 11-14-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am about to hit 3 million FPPs on Stars, which is enough for the Porsche. But I don't want a Porsche, I want the value of the Porsche in cash. I e-mailed Stars, and their response was:

>> 3 Million FPP Porsche purchase is worth $60,000. Please make the
purchase
>> and PokerStars will bank wire $60,000 to the dealership to help with the
>> purchase of the car. The direct cash option is $45,000. The Porsche is a
>> grand prize item with a better rate than our cash option.
>>
>> Thank you for being a Supernova VIP on PokerStars.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scotty
>> PokerStars VIP Team

This seems pretty silly, and I told them so, but they don't seem willing to budge. Anyone out there have any luck getting $$ instead of the car? Or has anyone sold the value of the credit to someone for cash and can give me advice regarding the best way to do so?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem here is that Stars believes their is a value in the publicity of giving away a Porsche. Giving away 60K is less. Plus its possible Porsche paid or traded for product placement on Pokerstars, hence the higher FPP value.

Abdullaev 11-14-2007 06:25 PM

I'd assume Porsche and Pokerstars have some sort of deal going on here that makes the car or the $45,000 an equivalent cost to the website. In other words, maybe Porsche eats $15k.

dippydoo 11-14-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to a porsche dealer, and say, "want to make $2K?"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

When he said "yes, what do I have to do", just tell him the situation. Stars will send hin $60K and he'll give you $58K of it.

Hock_ 11-15-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem here is that Stars believes their is a value in the publicity of giving away a Porsche. Giving away 60K is less. Plus its possible Porsche paid or traded for product placement on Pokerstars, hence the higher FPP value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is what I expected them to say. But what they actually said is that they will wire $60k to the dealership. Maybe they just weren't being careful with their words or for some reason felt the need to misrepresent the situation, but if they really are sending $60k to the dealership vs $45k to the player it's pretty [censored].

LSP16 11-15-2007 11:08 AM

A Porsche is only $60K in the US???

I thought it was about $100K here in Canada