Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Holiday traffic on the AC Expressway (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=439574)

ckmo 06-30-2007 10:23 AM

Holiday traffic on the AC Expressway

With it being a holiday weekend and summer, how stupid would I be for driving into AC for a day.

Any ideas on how bad the ACE would be early Sunday? Would I be better off waiting for Mon/Tues/Weds?

Doubt I would be getting a room so I'm trying to avoid a long angry trip up.

Thanks

NickMPK 06-30-2007 10:49 AM

Re: Holiday traffic on the AC Expressway

Why would the traffic going to AC early on Sunday be heavy? Wouldn't most be who were going to AC for the weekend already be there? Going on Wednesday sounds like a much worse idea.

JPantz 06-30-2007 11:32 AM

I went up on thursday for the day. Traffic was fine.

ckmo 06-30-2007 11:35 AM

I haven't been up on a summer weekend yet. Wasn't sure if it backs up on Sundays just from people heading down for a day trip to the beach.

I'm leaning towards tomm. anyway as long as I can get some sleep tonight.

Physiks 06-30-2007 11:38 AM

Sunday morning there will be no traffic. Sunday night coming back into Philly might be somewhat heavy from all the people who went to the shore for the weekend. I'd wait until 9 p.m. Sunday night to leave and you'll be fine.

myxter7 06-30-2007 11:42 AM

There is never traffic on the AC expressway. Sometimes its a little crowded, but there is never bad traffic.

dudemanjack 06-30-2007 12:25 PM

That is completely wrong. Last year I went down on the 4th of July and the last 2 or 3 miles was bumper to bumper. Same with the Blackhorse Pike (40/322). Took close to 45 minutes I think. Once you get into the city it isn't that bad though.

It was also bad on other holidays as well like Memorial Day weekend.

zerocarb 06-30-2007 01:30 PM

Invest in EZPass if you don't already have it. It's the last couple of toll booths that tend to get really backed up. Also, the weather blows today (overcast) so I can't imagine there will be much traffic anyway.

ckmo 06-30-2007 01:48 PM

thanks for the replies guys, I'm gonna head up in the morning.

Already have the EZPass, definitely a must.

rubixxcube 06-30-2007 03:31 PM

today traffic was bad, i came back this afternoon, like 2 hours ago and there were 2 accident, 3 mile backup around exit 9, the airport exit. So if that clears up though it should be ok today