Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rockies fans are gonna be pissed. Braun Wins ROY (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544455)

dkgojackets 11-12-2007 06:18 PM

Re: Rockies fans are gonna be pissed. Braun Wins ROY

[ QUOTE ]
No biggie.. just like having one of the best fielding teams ever and not getting a gold glove.

Just like having only one Bronco in the Hall of Fame.

This is to be expected here.

If Tulo played for a NY team he would have had a much better chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://demo.itent.hu/ujdieta/portal/...7/baby_cry.jpg

sublime 11-12-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just cant think of anyone else who should win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

david wright (minus playoff crap, deservedly so), jimmy rollins, albert pujols (minus playoff crap, deservedly so)...

any of those guys wouldnt even compare to the horrible selection of braun over TT.

sublime 11-12-2007 06:22 PM

also

[ QUOTE ]
not a bad decision

[/ QUOTE ]

L
O
L

dkgojackets 11-12-2007 06:24 PM

if you are minusing the playoff crap then its hanley ramirez, but he didnt even get the silver slugger.

That was much worse than this and I think everyone with some sense knows it.

Seeing as how voters include the playoff crap (which I disagree with ldo) wright and pujols shouldnt get it. Rollins would just be a terrible choice since utley is better anyway, but the media seem to love sucking on some 20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20 stuff he did despite his .344 on base percentage.

Vyse 11-12-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No biggie.. just like having one of the best fielding teams ever and not getting a gold glove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the Rockies really have one of the best fielding teams ever? I highly doubt it. They rank 8th in defensive efficiency, although I'm sure they're higher once you adjust for park. But still, that's not a sign of one of the greatest defensive teams ever, just another group of people overrating errors, or lack thereof.

sublime 11-12-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
f you are minusing the playoff crap then its hanley ramirez, but he didnt even get the silver slugger.

[/ QUOTE ]

um no. honestly, tulowtizki would be a better M V P candidate than ramirez. i mean barely, but whatever just making a point.

its obvious you are 100% ignoring defense.

[ QUOTE ]
t. Rollins would just be a terrible choice since utley is better anyway, but the media seem to love sucking on some 20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20 stuff he did despite his .344 on base percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ terrible choice. ryan braun was a TERRIBLE choice for ROY. rollins would be a choice that would cause debate, but would be FAR from terrible.

you are out of your element here donnie, sorry.

why the irrational hate for jimmy rollins by people? position adjusted he is the most valuable player on the phillies going forward, yet everybody blows howard and utely.

Vyse 11-12-2007 06:50 PM

silver slugger = no defense taken into account. stop.

lol @ braun being TERRIBLE for ROY.

no one blows howard. everyone blows utley. utley >>>>>> rollins. sorry.

Rubeskies 11-12-2007 06:50 PM

Does anyone know if defensive efficiency adjusts for HRs? Because that shouldn't really be counted against the defense.

niss 11-12-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ braun being TERRIBLE for ROY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't understand not seeing how a reasonable case can be made for Braun. Sane people can disagree as to whether the right choice was made, but to LOL at choosing Braun and calling it a "terrible" choice is silly and borderline trollerish.

dlk9s 11-12-2007 06:56 PM

None of this matters, anyway. I've never really understood why sports writers get to choose the "official" awards. Awards voted by one's peers are more meaningful in my opinion, anyway.

Braun won the Players' Choice ROY, too.