Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   moving to vegas (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531330)

kennywawa 10-25-2007 06:39 PM

moving to vegas

I am planning a move to Las Vegas in about 6 months from now. I would appreciate feedback on where to live, job market, and other misc. information. I plan on playing poker part time with a 15K bankroll.

that_pope 10-25-2007 07:07 PM

Re: moving to vegas

No advice, but good luck to you...hopefully you are moving there because of a good job opportunity, and not because of poker opportunity. Look elsewhere if you want to play poker on the side with a real job...

*TT* 10-25-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No advice, but good luck to you...hopefully you are moving there because of a good job opportunity, and not because of poker opportunity. Look elsewhere if you want to play poker on the side with a real job...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. LA is a better option. Only thing Vegas has going for itself is desert living, mountains, and no state income tax.

PS: you need more than a 15k bank if your going to play to make a living, if not then you will be fine playing lower limit games on the side.

Soupy 10-25-2007 09:41 PM

he's at the bar right now, but basically he doesnt like where he is right now and wants to take a shot. he understands that he will need to work but his intention is to work on the side and grind countless hours of low limit for his main income. i've told him my thoughts on why he should think carefully before doing this but he seems set on it. so i figured he should atleast get as much info on living out there as he can.

Diana Ross Fan 10-25-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS: you need more than a 15k bank if your going to play to make a living, if not then you will be fine playing lower limit games on the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean more just for poker or for poker + living expenses?

Soupy 10-25-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean more just for poker or for poker + living expenses?

[/ QUOTE ]

answering for him what i can so he can get more accurate advice...i'm fairly sure he means for poker + living expenses.

Mr_Mxyztplk 10-25-2007 10:31 PM

Mickey D's needs a few good men

cwar 10-25-2007 10:49 PM

If you are a dominant player this is probably very doable otherwise probably not, mix in some online play and it will probably ease the burden.

Assani Fisher 10-25-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously depends on skill level, but I disagree. Give me just $5K and I bet I"ve have less than 1% chance risk of ruin. $15K is plenty to be playing $1/2 and $2/5 at.

schwerd2 10-26-2007 02:20 AM

whats so great about LA compared to vegas? 2/5 and 5/10 NL games are juicy in both places. Seems like they'll be a longer commute plus higher living expenses in LA. Both cities have to have a lot of women. Why LA?