Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   good spot to 3 barrel (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555657)

johnnyrocket 11-27-2007 03:58 PM

good spot to 3 barrel

VILLAIN IS COMPLETELY UNKNOWN, this a good spot to 3 barrel?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

johnnyrocket 11-27-2007 04:00 PM

Re: good spot to 3 barrel

i think its a great spot after this board and tons of guys peel down light at these stakes so i really like firing this river

acehole60 11-27-2007 04:36 PM

You have the nut-nothing. What are you hoping to fold out? If this guy can fold a 3 or a small pp (which I think you would have heard from by now) I guess it's ok because of the odds you're getting on the bluff. But I wouldnt expect an unknown to be folding anything and since you have every non-pair hand beat I just take my showdown and expect to take the pot down or lose to Ax.

KitCloudkicker 11-27-2007 04:38 PM

the only hands i fold on this river are ones that you beat.

its 3 handed, after all.

OGGambler 11-27-2007 05:27 PM

Against an unknown villain i am going to check the river, unless I have seen him calling down lightly. With this type of board I don't see him laying down any pair. Probably a check but it is a very close decision since it is three handed this may be a value bet. Definitely not going to bluff a better hand though.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 05:30 PM

Pretty much exactly what everyone else said. You have the best hand probably but nothing worse is calling your bet and nothing better if folding

johnnyrocket 11-27-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much exactly what everyone else said. You have the best hand probably but nothing worse is calling your bet and nothing better if folding

[/ QUOTE ]

i really think i can fold out some stronger hands enough for this to be profitable, lots of players make the mistakes at these limits of folding too much when scare cards hit

istewart 11-27-2007 05:53 PM

Online 6max Theorem: With the nut no pair, don't bluff.

What do you think he has &gt; KQ that will fold? Maybe once in a blue moon he played 22 this way and will fold, but otherwise be happy for your free showdown.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really think i can fold out some stronger hands enough for this to be profitable, lots of players make the mistakes at these limits of folding too much when scare cards hit

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think he has &gt; KQ that will fold? Maybe once in a blue moon he played 22 this way and will fold, but otherwise be happy for your free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats he folding? He may fold an poorly played 22, but I think even a 3 calls you down a this point.

johnnyrocket 11-27-2007 06:20 PM

if u think a 3 calls then i guess that i wont be making more profit with this play, i used to think it was a good spot, i guess not