Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Would this make the NBA about 5,546 times better to watch? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537916)

RickAstleyFan 11-03-2007 11:59 PM

Would this make the NBA about 5,546 times better to watch?

OK, reading some column last week and it mentioned the idea of eliminating timeouts during the final three minutes of an NBA game.

Ever watched an old NBA game, they go BACK AND FORTH with awesome intensity.

There is no timeout after timeout after 20 second timeout.

I would tweak it and allow a team to call one timeout from 3:00 to 1:00 remaining, and a second with less than a minute left.

Would this work? Would this increase ratings and produce millions of extra dollars of revenue?

Curious what you think.

Fonkey123 11-04-2007 12:00 AM

Re: Would this make the NBA about 5,546 times better to watch?

Just [censored] widen the court by 1 foot.

BowToYourSensei 11-04-2007 12:01 AM

i think the nba would be better to watch if every single player had an electric jersey on at all times wired to electricute them each time they miss a basket or get dunked on.

BowToYourSensei 11-04-2007 12:01 AM

i think the nba would be better to watch if the entire game was played on top of a shark pit/volcano

BowToYourSensei 11-04-2007 12:02 AM

i think the nba would be better to watch if the entire floor was covered in trampolines and hot air balloons roamed the skies dropping spike guys like those koopa-clouds in super mario 1

BowToYourSensei 11-04-2007 12:03 AM

i think the nba would be better to watch if all the players were fat circus midgets

areyouthedrizzle 11-04-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just [censored] widen the court by 1 foot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they should also widen up the paint like in international play.

Billy Bibbit 11-04-2007 12:05 AM

WTF? The reason games drag on at the end is mostly because of intentional fouls, not timeouts. The team that was ahead would still try to run the clock down and the team that was behind would still have to foul them.

areyouthedrizzle 11-04-2007 12:15 AM

Yeah, OP wtf are you talking about?

JackWhite 11-04-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? The reason games drag on at the end is mostly because of intentional fouls, not timeouts. The team that was ahead would still try to run the clock down and the team that was behind would still have to foul them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The timeouts are a bore. After all the games and practices, shouldn't coaches just be able to call a play and have everyone know what they are supposed to do? Do we really need 5 timeouts in the last minute of a game? I am with the OP. The last few minutes of an NBA game is borderline unwatchable...and it shouldn't be that way.