Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy list (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398164)

Poker Pro 05-08-2007 10:17 AM

New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy list

This post is to let you know that we are releasing the beta version of Smart Buddy. Smart Buddy is a universal poker buddy list that helps you keep track of players that are currently online. The beta version currently works with Full Tilt and Poker Stars but other sites will be added shortly. The evaluation version will only show 3 players online at a time.
Smart buddy is a subscription service and will be available for around $3.25 to $3.99 per month. This price includes all the poker sites we will be supporting. Let us know what you think of the software, any and all feedback is appreciated. If you encounter any issues please feel free to contact support at support (at) pokerprolabs.com

www.pokerprolabs.com/smartbuddy/SmartBuddy.exe

http://www.pokerprolabs.com/smartbuddy/Mview_3.png

so sick bro 05-08-2007 03:52 PM

Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

this looks amazing, d/ling right now

SilentNoise 05-08-2007 03:55 PM

can you search for people on pokerstars who are hidden from search? if not i dont think there is much point to it.

so sick bro 05-08-2007 04:00 PM

added 3 players then tried to delete them, as soon as i try to delete first guy it crashed

trubador 05-08-2007 04:33 PM

I just tried it - looks great!
Are you guys planning on adding Ultimabet bet any time soon?

Poker Pro 05-08-2007 04:40 PM

Can’t seem to reproduce your issue! Did you add all 3 poker stars players or is it a combination of poker stars and full tilt? Does this happen every time you try to delete a player?

so sick bro 05-08-2007 05:06 PM

OK, when I run start the program and then try to delete a player for the first time since opening it I get this :

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...els/delete.jpg

after clicking continue the program actually resumes - I assumed it was messed up the first time and just quit but it actually runs fine after pressing continue. Same issue arises any time i restart this. Obviously this is a very minor bug as it doesn't stop you from running the program and runs fine after you click continue once, but I figured you would probably want to know about / correct it

Poker Pro 05-08-2007 06:38 PM

Yes, Ultimate Bet will be added shortly.

Thanks, so sick bro. will see if we can fix it.

so sick bro 05-08-2007 07:26 PM

I'm looking forward to the full release of this, in fact whenever possible please let me know and I will take a subscription I do have a few more questions though-

As SilentNoise asked before, does this find stars players that are hidden from search?

This would be perfect if I could dock it on the side of my screen like AIM, are you going to be introducing this feature soon? (If not plzplzplz do)

finally; when you do launch the full version will you accept stars transfers to pay for it?

Ace0fSpades 05-08-2007 07:30 PM

I think this program would be more successful if you could just buy an account outright rather than having to pay per month, similar to the way PA HUD is run.

TheProdigy 05-08-2007 08:08 PM

Are you searching for the names constantly? Usually something like this is against Stars rules.

Poker Pro 05-08-2007 10:33 PM

We respect player’s privacy and permit players to block info from public view if they choose to do so.

Prodigy : Smart Buddy will support approximately 25 poker networks totaling over 500 poker sites. As with other Poker Pro Labs products, we monitor site rules and work with poker sites to address any issues they may have. Smart buddy just makes it easier to do what you can already do by hand. Keep notes, find tables, watch star players play, etc.

Ace : You can buy a license for $39 per year or $70 for 2 years and that includes upgrades.

TheProdigy 05-08-2007 11:49 PM

Hey,

Could you e-mail Pokerstars and then paste the correspondence with them explicitly allowing your program?

trubador 05-09-2007 01:11 AM

I've been using it for most of the day: overall great job!

Since I never play on FT I dind't know big guns (Hansen, Harman, Matusow) play $1000/2000 limits all the time.

I do have a question:
Would it be possible to add a feature showing vacant seats at each table?

Poker Pro 05-09-2007 11:53 AM

Yes, we will be adding vacant seats, avg pot and players on the flop % for each table your buddy is sitting at.

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 12:05 PM

poker pro: so you are basically saying it doesn't find people hidden from search?

if you can incorproate this feature i will subscribe i think. i dont see why we shouldn't be able to find fish if we want to . they are obviously hiding because they know they are bad.

do you ever see this feature becoming availible? after all, your argument is it just speeds things up which can be done by hand. people who are hidden from search can still be found if somebody looks at the lobby and looks through every table running for the fish they want.

so why wouldn't you want to automise that process? otherwise it doesn't seem as if you offer anything that StarsBuddy already doesn't (www.thecashdb.com - stars buddy).

WHO CARES about fish's privacy. we want their $$$. make it easier for us to find them plz. am i right in assuming you haven't implemented this because the way your program works, is that your server machine simply searches using the "Options --> Find player" in the pokerstars menu? That would explain why you gave the excuse about their privacy.

If it works by loading a list of all players on all tables by scanning through the lobby, it should be relatively easy to implement this feature.

Otherwise people who only play on stars might aswell use StarsBuddy which is FREE.

so sick bro 05-09-2007 12:47 PM

silent- I'm fairly sure it does find players that are hidden from search. I added a player that I can never find when I search him last night and it did find him at every table he was at

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 01:12 PM

then why would the person responsible for marketing say that it "respects peoples privacy"? It wouldn't make sense that he would say it doesn't find those people if it actually does, since that would cut down the amount of people that would buy the product.

I suggest you find somebody on your tables that his hidden from search. Double check and search for this person using the pokerstars software. Then search for the person using Smart Buddy, and post the results here please.

Dont want to buy it on your assumption that it found him that time just because you "never find" him ..which might have been due to you not being online at the same time as him.

Please post the results of proper testing.

Thanks

so sick bro 05-09-2007 01:24 PM

I'm sorry I didn't clarify; he has always had hide from search on when I'm playing with him. It found him at 4-5 different tables last night while I was studying. I didn't try actually searching him in stars so I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that for some reason he didn't turn off hide from search last night but it would be a huge coincidence that after weeks of hiding from search he just happened to decide not to anymore the day I test this out

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 01:37 PM

yeah well i like 100% proof, not something that can be explained by coinscidence. do you use aim/icq/msn? do you mind searching for me on stars ...we can coordinate a time when i am online and you are searching to be 100% sure of this.

i just dont understand why somebody marketing the product wouldn't be aware of this feature and explicitly say it isn't included...but you are saying it is. understand why i am sceptical?

msg me your aim/msn/icq or whatever, add me..ill tell you my screename on stars and you can try searching for me. if you can say what tables im on. ill be convinced that the feature exists. and i will post the results in the thread that people can 100% rely on..instead of something that hasn't actually been proven.

so sick bro 05-09-2007 01:48 PM

pm'd

SixthSense 05-09-2007 02:24 PM

FYI, there's already a free service that does this for up to 10 buddies:

http://www.pokermgr.com/scripts/FishAlert.dll

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 02:37 PM

for those who wanted to know. me and so sick bro did a test and he couldn't find me. so smartbuddy DOES NOT FIND PEOPLE WHO ARE HIDDEN FROM SEARCH.

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 02:39 PM

SixthSense; what are you supposed to do with that .dll file? Couldn't find anything understandable on pokermgr.com.

Also why does it only work for 10buddies? Is there a pay-for service that lets you find infinite amount of people who are also hidden from search on stars?

so sick bro 05-09-2007 02:40 PM

did you turn off hide from search after you signed off, because right after you signed off aim it found you at Galilea 6 max 200NL

trubador 05-09-2007 02:52 PM

I always hide myself on PS but I was able to see myself on SmartBuddy. So it looks like it doesn't matter if you're hidden from searches or not.

SixthSense 05-09-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SixthSense; what are you supposed to do with that .dll file? Couldn't find anything understandable on pokermgr.com.

Also why does it only work for 10buddies? Is there a pay-for service that lets you find infinite amount of people who are also hidden from search on stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just click the URL it should display a normal webpage. Don't do a "Save-As" or anything like that.

Also, FishAlert will show you buddies that have hidden themselves from search.

so sick bro 05-09-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always hide myself on PS but I was able to see myself on SmartBuddy. So it looks like it doesn't matter if you're hidden from searches or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silent - I guess it looks like it just takes a few minutes to find someone

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 03:56 PM

blah blah excuses. we tested and it didn't work.

rvg72 05-09-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blah blah excuses. we tested and it didn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... what's with all the negativity? You're snapping at posters telling them they need to run tests for you, saying that the app has no point, not considering that you might not have all the info etc

Somone has spent a bunch of time writing a program, seems like it could be pretty cool and as far as I can see it is still in its early stages.

Just because it doesn't appear to meet your needs doesn't mean you get to crap all over it and be rude to the author and other posters...

I think we get it, you don't like it. It has been noted!

rvg

woodybluff 05-09-2007 05:59 PM

I think its not a big deal whether you can find players that hide from the search or not. There are plenty of fish that dont hide from the search feature. If this really works I would really be interested in subscribing. Only problem is after I installed it and tryied starting it I get an error message. It consists of a grey dialogue box with a blue header that reads:
SmartBuddyUpdate.exe - Unable To Locate Component
Then in the body of the message it says:
This application has failed to start because MSVR70.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I tried reinstalling and got the same results. I am not sure how to post a screenshot of the error message so hope the explanation will do. Also when do you think this program will be completely ready

SilentNoise 05-09-2007 06:38 PM

lol im not being negative. i think its a pretty useful program actually. im not "snapping" at other posters, i just want to make sure the program has the features i want before buying it.

and when somebody said it has those features, i was sceptical since i thought that the creator/marketer of the program probably knows the features it has. And he said the option to search for people hidden wasn't there.

so i tested with so sick bro to see if he could see me on search, and as expected, as the author of the program said, that feature wasn't there.

and the blah blah was a light hearted thing not meant to be rude.

i didn't say anywhere i didn't like it. i think its the best/only buddylist program out at the moment that isn't on the verge of crashing all the time (like stars buddy)

Poker Pro 05-09-2007 07:03 PM

The program should be ready in about one week. Just uploaded the fix that “so sick bro” was having and will look into your issue as well. Most of the time when msvr70.dll is not found, a different software product uninstalls it. This happens with lots of products that use c++ .net. You can download a patch from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;DisplayLang=en . If it does not help, we will get it resolved. We do capture all players from all real money ring games including razz, ho, horse, Omaha, etc.

woodybluff 05-10-2007 02:31 AM

tried the patch and it still doesnt work.

ronitonline 05-10-2007 04:45 AM

sounds lame only cause its monthly.

Poker Pro 05-10-2007 10:19 AM

Hey woodybluff, here is the fix to your issue. Just uninstall the old version and reinstall the new one. Here is the link to the download. www.pokerprolabs.com/smartbuddy/SmartBuddy.exe

woodybluff 05-10-2007 06:12 PM

Hey tried to download it again and i Get an error message saying: "C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X0S8HK6L\SmartBuddy[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application."

hra146 05-10-2007 06:25 PM

awh, good stuff.

but pls dont give us this pay per month [censored].

Poker Pro 05-10-2007 06:45 PM

You can buy an annual license for $39 or choose the monthly plan for $3.99/mo

Zele 05-11-2007 02:47 AM

Cool software. To clarify - we will be able to register for the full version starting next week?