Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Washington exposes Hawai'i the Fraud Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559036)

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 04:48 AM

Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing inconsistent at all with what I said. I never said the Rainbows would go winless in the Pac10. It's pretty obvious though that if they played in any of the major conferences they'd be lucky to be .500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark, come on. You're being dishonest and you know it. Yes technically you didn't contradict yourself. But before the game you brought up positive points about the Huskies and said that you thought they would win. After the game you bring up negative points about the Huskies to downgrade Hawaii's win.

While both the positive and negative points may not contradict each other(and both may be true) its clear that you have an agenda. Why exactly do you hate Hawaii so much?

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Colt Brennan:

42 for 50, 442 yards, 5 TDs. 6 for 6 on the last drive of the game.

Jesus tap dancing Christ Clark, if that's "luck" I'd hate to see him actually play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, with stats like that this team must've just annihilated their opposition all year right? Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 Northern Colorado Won 63-6
Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 23 Charleston Southern Won 66-10
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington Won 35-28

Well, from the looks of it, they're 12-0. They pounded a lot of teams, and Boise and Fresno are Bowl teams in their conference. What's good enough for you? Do they have to win each game 70-0 to get the Clarkmeister seal of "I'll stop being a hypocrite finally"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the OT designation on that schedule.

Yeah, that's a legit schedule, right? Makes Kansas look like a team that ran the freaking gauntlet by comparison.

Edge34 12-02-2007 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clark,

when your QB is 42/49 with a zillion yards and 5 TDs how can you possibly argue they were outplayed? Without those fluky fumbles this would have been a rout.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical. Don't respond to the claim. Just laugh even though you know you're wrong.

I'm telling you, you're genius. Hawaii loses and you get to say "I told you so!" Hawaii wins and you bust out the "well, Washington is last place in the Pac-10" [censored]. You're awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, they had a nice little season slipping by one of the worst schedules in the nation with no losses when they probabaly should've had 2. Be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They beat everybody that was put in front of them. That's more than you can say for Illinois, or Ohio State, or that joke of a BCS title contender LSU.

All you can ever ask of any team is to go and take care of business. They did it, and they keep getting ducked by the big schools. That's all there is to it.

I never said they should be BCS champs, but they should get the respect they've earned.

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

With all the [censored] you were talking about Hawaii early in the game, I can only assume that you haven't followed the Huskies much this year. They have played impressively in the first half or first three quarters before, only to implode late in the game.

I still agree with you that Hawaii is not very good, but it might take a BCS team better than 8th in its conference to expose them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this was a BCS team that is last in its conference and they pretty much DID expose them.

Anyone want to guess what the spread vs. Georgia/LSU will be? 20?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your words in the other thread were "pwned the heck out of the Rainbows".

You talk all this [censored] cutting down Hawaii and then when they win a tough game, you cut down the team they beat? That's about as hypocritical as it gets, man. Worst. Argument. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it hypocritical. Getting dominated by a last place major conference team early then luckboxing out a late win do nothing but prove that they are a fraud who deserves zero top 25 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth did they luckbox? Dude, you're destroying your credibility here. They outgained them significantly. They lost the turnover battle and missed out on 6 points due to their kicker being hurt....and they still won by 7. Again I'll ask: Why do you hate Hawaii? You're clearly biased.

Neuge 12-02-2007 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

right

in addition to the huge advantage it would give the team seeded, mythically, as #1 with having one less game on the way to the title

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying a playoff system is perfect, no system is. But is a million times better than the trainwreck that exists now. I would much rather have a slightly flawed system where teams could fight it out on the field than a [censored] system based on popular opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I just don't think it's a playoff is a "more perfect" system. In general, the difference between the #12 team and the #8 team is less than the difference between #2 and #3 (at least imo, I'm open to arguments that's not true). With the amount of variance in college football, any top 8 team can win the tournament. So a tournament just adds more selection bias and, to at least a small extent, cheapens regular season performance.

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into the season most teams know that if they lose even once that theres a chance they won't get a title shot. Most teams fully expect that if they lose twice that they'll have no title shot. Therefore, I refuse to feel bad for those teams.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I never said they should be BCS champs, but they should get the respect they've earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're getting the respect they've earned alright. To the tune of 25pt dogs against LSU/UGA in the Sugar Bowl as the last at large team taken because the Sugar Bowl is FORCED to. Congrats.

illini43 12-02-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26

[/ QUOTE ]

How many mid-level teams from major conferences could win all of these games? What about another mid-major like Central Michigan who actually played some decent big conference teams? Yes, they won the games and that is important, but seriously - this schedule is FULL of creampuffs.

I think Hawaii should get (and will get) a BCS bid, but they will most likely get mauled, but it will be an interesting game to watch.

JaredL 12-02-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boise State's blowout of Oregon State was much better than any of Hawaii's wins this year, and overall they were much more impressive in the Wac. Last year Boise would have been a good team in any conference, Hawaii this year, not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they compete for the Big East title and for their division in the ACC. Not favorites in either but certainly competitive.

Other conferences I think they are in the middle.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26

[/ QUOTE ]

How many mid-level teams from major conferences could win all of these games? What about another mid-major like Central Michigan who actually played some decent big conference teams? Yes, they won the games and that is important, but seriously - this schedule is FULL of creampuffs.

I think Hawaii should get (and will get) a BCS bid, but they will most likely get mauled, but it will be an interesting game to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be 30 teams that could go undefeated against that schedule.

Edge34 12-02-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put in the words "Boise State" for "Hawaii" and transport yourself back to January. Ask the Sooners about that little "mid-major" team who did nothing but "play creampuffs".

Hell, ask Michigan, who lost to a 1-AA creampuff at home to start this season.

If you honestly don't see how this team, due to their playing style, has a puncher's chance in almost any game, that's amazing.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're destroying your credibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the guy arguing they should be in the title game.

iron81 12-02-2007 04:54 AM

Clark, stop saying LSU/UGA. A close win won't let LSU jump 3 spots. It will be LSU v. Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

And Hawaii just knows how to win.

Edge34 12-02-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be 30 teams that could go undefeated against that schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't provided one solid point of proof for anything in this thread.

Name 20 of those 30 teams and give reasons why you think they would. Or don't, and just say "haha" because you must be drunk tonight the way you're talking straight out your ass.

Neuge 12-02-2007 04:56 AM

For the record, I do think Hawaii should get a spot in the BCS. I'm just quite sure this game didn't show they deserve one.

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right

in addition to the huge advantage it would give the team seeded, mythically, as #1 with having one less game on the way to the title

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying a playoff system is perfect, no system is. But is a million times better than the trainwreck that exists now. I would much rather have a slightly flawed system where teams could fight it out on the field than a [censored] system based on popular opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I just don't think it's a playoff is a "more perfect" system. In general, the difference between the #12 team and the #8 team is less than the difference between #2 and #3 (at least imo, I'm open to arguments that's not true). With the amount of variance in college football, any top 8 team can win the tournament. So a tournament just adds more selection bias and, to at least a small extent, cheapens regular season performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, according to this forum, the #8 team (USC) is light years ahead of the #12 team (Hawaii). As of last week's BCS standings, #2 WV and #3 OSU are pretty close. What about when Auburn went undefeated in the SEC and was #3, missed out on the championship game where USC smoked Oklahoma. I think a #3 team has a much more valid argument in making the championship game than some 3 loss team does for the 8th seed in a playoff, especially when #2 and #3 have equal records and similar SOS.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark, stop saying LSU/UGA. A close win won't let LSU jump 3 spots. It will be LSU v. Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait til the ESPN hype machine kicks up. The same thing got Texas in over Cal a few years ago. Georgia's spot is far from safe. Remember, these people have voted LSU #1 twice. Voters love that team, and the "UGA didn't even win their division" hype could get them.

I don't even have an opinion. I do know that both teams would beat the snot out of the Rainbows.

Edge34 12-02-2007 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I do think Hawaii should get a spot in the BCS. I'm just quite sure this game didn't show they deserve one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game might've showed why they're not ready for the title game.

What it showed me is that they battled back from their own mistakes and STILL racked up tons of yards in the air (even though you'd think defenses know that's what's coming) and won a close game against a decent school from a "power" conference. That's just a tough football team. They aren't the biggest or the fastest, but they play the game hard.

Dudd 12-02-2007 04:59 AM

Do you know how many top 50 sagarin teams they've beaten? 1, Boise State. That schedule is a joke, don't try and act like it isn't.

Also, putting up points on Washington isn't hard, especially though the air, they're 87th in passing efficiency defense before this game.

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into the season most teams know that if they lose even once that theres a chance they won't get a title shot. Most teams fully expect that if they lose twice that they'll have no title shot. Therefore, I refuse to feel bad for those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I refuse to feel bad for midmajors who are more than willing to jump into the adult pool knowing the rules beforehand

if they didn't want it that way, they could compete at the lower level, yet every school jumps at the chance

no pity here

they already make out like bandits in NCAAB tourney...eff them

Neuge 12-02-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize that entire point changes under a tournament situation, right?

Edge34 12-02-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait til the ESPN hype machine kicks up. The same thing got Texas in over Cal a few years ago. Georgia's spot is far from safe. Remember, these people have voted LSU #1 twice. Voters love that team, and the "UGA didn't even win their division" hype could get them.

I don't even have an opinion. I do know that both teams would beat the snot out of the Rainbows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did June Jones not give you a reach around one night or something? Your hate for the WARRIORS is really surprising, considering how awful you think they are. If they really were as bad as you say, you'd think you wouldn't have to validate your own insecurity.

shipitkthx 12-02-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I also laugh at the people that say "well...the number 2 team in X conference is most likely better than the number 1 team in Y conference." Whatever, win your damn conference and then there isn't a [censored] question. The point of a playoff system isn't to give every "good" team a title shot every year, it's to make sure that every team that has earned a shot, gets it. LSU won the SEC, they deserve a title shot, tOSU won the Big Ten, they deserve a title shot, Oklahoma won the Big 12, they deserve a title shot. If a playoff system gave Hawaii a title shot and Missouri starts whining cuz they think they are better than Hawaii, [censored] YOU! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A TITLE SHOT IN THE BCS ANYHOW SO JUST WIN YOUR CONFERENCE! AND YOU GET TITLE SHOT! Its a [censored] simple solution.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What it showed me is that they battled back from their own mistakes and STILL racked up tons of yards in the air

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem infatuated with this. I assume you are duly impressed with Tom Brady's assault on the record books this year?

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU in the national title for sure

Edge34 12-02-2007 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know how many top 50 sagarin teams they've beaten? 1, Boise State. That schedule is a joke, don't try and act like it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying its not easier than the SEC, but Ohio State is going to probably get into the damn title game out of the Big Ten playing teams like Kent State, Akron, and Youngstown State as their out of conference schedule. While those guys get free wins, Hawaii is out there trying to get the big guys to play them, and they refuse.

You can't blame Hawaii for the conference the NCAA put them in.

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 05:03 AM

Clark, why do you hate Hawaii? This is the third time I've asked you this, and you never answer. You keep calling them the Rainbows in a mocking way, despite several people pointing out thats no longer they're name. Why are you doing this?

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did June Jones not give you a reach around one night or something

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it's pretty apparent he *did* give you one at some point.

Edge34 12-02-2007 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What it showed me is that they battled back from their own mistakes and STILL racked up tons of yards in the air

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem infatuated with this. I assume you are duly impressed with Tom Brady's assault on the record books this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ever going to make an actual point, or is being an insufferable assclown what made you the "2 plus 2 legend" you are today?

I said what the game showed me, with, you know, support. You keep calling them the Rainbows and I can't figure out what they ever did to you.

If I remember, you're from Illinois, and it must suck to have such a crap football team most years. Trust me, I'm from Bloomington, Indiana, I know. But you have abandoned all logic and turned into a 5-year-old tonight.

Neuge 12-02-2007 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, according to this forum, the #8 team (USC) is light years ahead of the #12 team (Hawaii). As of last week's BCS standings, #2 WV and #3 OSU are pretty close. What about when Auburn went undefeated in the SEC and was #3, missed out on the championship game where USC smoked Oklahoma. I think a #3 team has a much more valid argument in making the championship game than some 3 loss team does for the 8th seed in a playoff, especially when #2 and #3 have equal records and similar SOS.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure my point isn't invalidated by cherry picking the biggest dichotomy ever between 8 and 12, and the smallest ever between 2 and 3.

Edge34 12-02-2007 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow you're a mod of this forum. You're pathetic. It must be nice being buddies with Mat.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark, why do you hate Hawaii? This is the third time I've asked you this, and you never answer. You keep calling them the Rainbows in a mocking way, despite several people pointing out thats no longer they're name. Why are you doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate Hawaii. I just think it's pretty apparent they aren't BCS bowl worthy, let alone title game. It's funny to me that no one really thinks they are good enough, but still defend it as if they are.

And what's wrong with calling them the Rainbows? I still call Syracuse the Orangemen.

FWIW, one of my best friends played football there and I congratulated him on their win. Even he admits they really aren't that good.

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 05:08 AM

the good news is that all these posts are after 4AM eastern and have never really happened

Neuge 12-02-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This game might've showed why they're not ready for the title game.

What it showed me is that they battled back from their own mistakes and STILL racked up tons of yards in the air (even though you'd think defenses know that's what's coming) and won a close game against a decent school from a "power" conference. That's just a tough football team. They aren't the biggest or the fastest, but they play the game hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Washington wasn't a "decent school from a power conference", they were a decent school that got drubbed by most of a power conference. What this game showed me is they are decent, and fought and played well to keep their undefeated record. I think they do deserve a spot in the BCS, but this game didn't prove that, this combined with the rest of their season did.

Dudd 12-02-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow you're a mod of this forum. You're pathetic. It must be nice being buddies with Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to sound like a 5 year old and point out that you started it, but, wtf?

POKEROMGLOL 12-02-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How is it hypocritical. Getting dominated by a last place major conference team early then luckboxing out a late win do nothing but prove that they are a fraud who deserves zero top 25 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow instead of "luckboxing out late wins" maybe they should lose twice?

or maybe they should beat michigan state by a touchdown and lose to a 4 loss team?

It is a good thing we have voters who seem impressed with the way ohio state and lsu lost, so we don't have luckboxing undefeated hawai'i playing for anything.

i think equally as insane as the hawai'i debacle is kansas. they play in THE BIG TWELVE and have lost ONE game (to the #3 team in the country). Yet they are behind TWO LOSS lsu.

So in other words, now not only is every single team not in a major conference's season mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, now we can deduce that half the teams in the major conferences don't have a chance either.

why don't we just take ohio st, texas, oklahoma, lsu, florida, usc, and create a playoff with those two teams. Then we could save the effort of watching the the charade of the rest of the college football season.

Edge34 12-02-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate Hawaii. I just think it's pretty apparent they aren't BCS bowl worthy, let alone title game. It's funny to me that no one really thinks they are good enough, but still defend it as if they are.

And what's wrong with calling them the Rainbows? I still call Syracuse the Orangemen.

FWIW, one of my best friends played football there and I congratulated him on their win. Even he admits they really aren't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you don't think they're BCS worthy. Aside from the BCS being a complete joke, they may not be title-game worthy, but they have beaten everybody they have faced. They have done it impressively most of the time, and have shown great fortitude when they're down.

Defenses KNOW they're getting thrown on and Brennan still goes off for nearly 500 every single game. He's been injured on and off most of this year, including that concussion. What more could they do without petitioning the NCAA to let them be in the Pac 10 or another "power" conference?

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you name-call and make initiate reach-around jokes, but I'm the pathetic one. Nice.

Neuge 12-02-2007 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I also laugh at the people that say "well...the number 2 team in X conference is most likely better than the number 1 team in Y conference." Whatever, win your damn conference and then there isn't a [censored] question. The point of a playoff system isn't to give every "good" team a title shot every year, it's to make sure that every team that has earned a shot, gets it. LSU won the SEC, they deserve a title shot, tOSU won the Big Ten, they deserve a title shot, Oklahoma won the Big 12, they deserve a title shot. If a playoff system gave Hawaii a title shot and Missouri starts whining cuz they think they are better than Hawaii, [censored] YOU! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A TITLE SHOT IN THE BCS ANYHOW SO JUST WIN YOUR CONFERENCE! AND YOU GET TITLE SHOT! Its a [censored] simple solution.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you people not realize this is the exact same situation except extended to more teams?

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm good close personal friends with many of the Ohio St CURRENT players and they all told me that they truly feel as if Hawaii is the best team in the nation.