Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Las Vegas Democratic Debate (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547209)

JackWhite 11-15-2007 09:55 PM

Las Vegas Democratic Debate

Right now on CNN, they are hosting a Democratic debate (or as Dan Rather would call it, "joint appearance"). A funny moment just happened. After Chris Dodd answered a question, Wolf Blitzer called on John Roberts for the next question. Upset at not being called on to answer, Kucinich said, "hello, hello, hello." He was assured that he would eventually be able to talk.

DVaut1 11-15-2007 10:02 PM

Re: Las Vegas Democratic Debate

The beginning of the debate was chippy and I suppose interesting if you're into bickering.

The rest has been pretty boring, vapid, and predictable. Blitzer keeps demanding 1 word answers to stupid questions like "human rights or security, need a one word answer; you have 5 seconds...go!"

yay American media

j555 11-15-2007 10:04 PM

This debate could really use Mike Gravel calling out Hillary and Obama.

JackWhite 11-15-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The beginning of the debate was chippy and I suppose interesting if you're into bickering.

The rest has been pretty boring, vapid, and predictable. Blitzer keeps demanding 1 word answers to stupid questions like "human rights or security, need a one word answer; you have 5 seconds...go!"

yay American media

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a stupid question considering the strict time considerations. Any thoughtful person would need a few minutes to give an answer. Obviously everyone is going to say they are for both, but in those instances were they may come into some conflict, tough decisions need to be made. That question would be much better in a sit-down interview format.

j555 11-15-2007 10:17 PM

I'm so glad they're spending the entire debate focusing on the issues at hand and not Hillary's gender again. Oh wait...

Taso 11-15-2007 10:18 PM

Biden = winning, yes?

Ineedaride2 11-15-2007 11:06 PM

I thought Obama and Hillary were going to start slap-fighting when they were talking about raising the cap on the social security tax.

BTW, Obama nailed her.

(figuratively speaking)

ALawPoker 11-15-2007 11:06 PM

when does this end?

Taso 11-15-2007 11:07 PM

Supposed to end at 10, I have no idea now. I still say Biden owned this debate.

Ineedaride2 11-15-2007 11:08 PM

Also, Kucinich got the quote of the debate so far when he was called on regarding voting against the Patriot Act.

Blitzer: "Mr. Kucinich, you are the only one on this stage that voted against the Patriot Act after 9/11..."

Kucinich: "That's because I read it."