Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL - A4o facing overbet from loose villain (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548790)

VLV 11-18-2007 04:53 AM

25NL - A4o facing overbet from loose villain

Villain is 40.5/13/4 over 80 hands.

I have seen him overbet on flop heaps of times, seems almost standard for him. However I have only seen his cards once when he overbet and he ended up going AI w/ TT on a 438r board.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $8.90
MP: $27.40
CO: $123.90
Hero (BTN): $25.15
SB: $50.75
BB: $27.30

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $5</font>, Hero ???

catoandtonic 11-18-2007 05:47 AM

Re: 25NL - A4o facing overbet from loose villain

I fold this without much thought. He was a small pp pretty often. Even if we do have the best hand, we will be able extract very little. This is going to be very difficult to play on later streets.

Triggerle 11-18-2007 06:03 AM

Overbet is often an overpair. This goes with the TT hand you observed.

You only have a small TPTK and a gutshot draw. This leaves you in bad shape if he really has an overpair as the odds are far from right to draw.

Your hand is also extremely vulnerable if he doesn't have an overpair since almost any turn card will turn your hand into middle pair.

Just let it go.

VLV 11-18-2007 08:42 AM

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I was mainly worried about overpairs so I folded.

After about 50 more hands I got to see some more of his cards when he overbet. He would do it with TP crap kicker, and second pair crap kicker, sometimes with draws, and once with nothing.

If the hand in my original post occurred later in the session with that new information, would you guys suggest something different?

Gullanian 11-18-2007 08:55 AM

Easy fold here. TPTK isn't very good on that sort of board, and as others have said it smells overpairy.

Triggerle 11-18-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I was mainly worried about overpairs so I folded.

After about 50 more hands I got to see some more of his cards when he overbet. He would do it with TP crap kicker, and second pair crap kicker, sometimes with draws, and once with nothing.

If the hand in my original post occurred later in the session with that new information, would you guys suggest something different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the thing is: This guy digs his own hole with his overbets. His risk/reward is way off and he is losing more money than he should when he is behind. So your counter-strategy should be to make sure you are there when he is behind. In the current case this is probably true even if you knew about his tendencies.