Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Weirdo turn raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483390)

sharpie 08-21-2007 10:49 PM

Weirdo turn raise

In a previous hand villain donked MPMK in a blind defense on 97xr, screwplayed an ace turn after I called the flop, and bet the river. So he looks like the type that turns his marginal made hands into bluffs. Only played a couple orbits but he's like mid 30s VP$IP in that sample.

Anyone just fold the turn with the limited read? The worst river card hit, what about if a T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls on the river?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

TheHip41 08-21-2007 10:55 PM

Re: Weirdo turn raise

i usually just fold the turn here.

if I called the turn, I can't call THAT river card.

I think you are smoked on the turn though.

midnightpulp 08-21-2007 10:57 PM

Well played.

A a lot of semi-bluffing hands got there: Two clubs, JT, AT etc. He might also have a hand like A2 and slowplayed.

MartynasD 08-21-2007 10:58 PM

wow.if u ask me.check PF.fold to the first bet after
i don`t like 88 3 handed

detruncate 08-21-2007 11:36 PM

I fold the turn I think. He might find a peel HU with Ax/Kx hands on this board... and 33-77 might play this way... but I'm not sure we have enough hand to call. It's tough coming up with a range since we can't be sure how liberally he peels. I don't hate a call given your preliminary read, but it might be better to wait until you have a better feel for his game.

River seems like an easy fold.

I'd probably call T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and fold 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if I called the turn raise. The T completes a few hands, but I don't think it hurts us too much.

NinaWilliams 08-22-2007 06:02 AM

Hopefully this isnt results oriented, but isnt this a good spot to c/c the turn?

HoneyBadger 08-22-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully this isnt results oriented, but isnt this a good spot to c/c the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really want to let him draw for free here? He may have some 10 outs if we are ahead. Fwiw, I would typically fold the turn here, but I seem to be folding too much.

NinaWilliams 08-22-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really want to let him draw for free here? He may have some 10 outs if we are ahead. Fwiw, I would typically fold the turn here, but I seem to be folding too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like hes betting a lot of his drawing hands and charging himself.

yourface 08-22-2007 09:08 AM

turn is close but I think we can fold. a slowplayed Q is possible and the hands that peel the flop will mostly have an overcard.

as played on the turn you've gots to fold that river imo. worst card in the deck

frenchpignouf 08-22-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like hes betting a lot of his drawing hands and charging himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has 10 outs and if he takes the free card we lost just 0.55 BB. If we call a raise we loose a full bet. We are not ahead too often. If we can't fold to a raise turn, c/c is probably better.