Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $120 Bubble AK- FoxWoods SNG- BB sitting out (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555006)

Beerocrat 11-26-2007 06:32 PM

$120 Bubble AK- FoxWoods SNG- BB sitting out

Stack sizes are approximate. Villain seems semi-donkish, but somewhat observant. Probably around 25/10 for the game thus far.

Right before hands were dealt, BB takes a call on his cell and leaves, and is folded out. It then folds to Villain on button. How much do you increase the probability of him being on a steal with BB gone?

Blinds 300/600 75

UTG 1700
BTN 9000
SB 4300
BB 5000 (sitting out)

Preflop (t1200) Hero is in SB with AKo.

UTG folds, BTN raises to 2000.

There is a shorty, and I don't think I have any FE.

From SNGWiz it looks like a shove, if you assume BTN will call and input his bet as a shove.

Is it wrong to think BTN is doing this with ATC? He wasn't a maniac, but there were a lot of dead chips.

Thoughts?

eurythmech 11-26-2007 06:39 PM

Re: $120 Bubble AK- FoxWoods SNG- BB sitting out

Can't really assume he's smart enough to be on atc here, still this looks like a clear push. You aren't that far ahead of shorty, after all.

KCW12 11-26-2007 06:52 PM

I'm pushing this. Your hand is too strong to fold, especially with the blinds so high.

gulon 11-26-2007 07:59 PM

To those saying push, please show me what i'm not considering:

If you fold you will have 24.93% EQ
If you call/win you will have 36.1% EQ

So you have to win this push 69%+ to be better than folding if you have no FE.

AKo is only 65% vs Random so are we getting enough of that call/win EQ to make this +EV?

(I know this is different from my original analysis of the hand, beer, but I think the stacks were slightly different and my brain fluctuates day-to-day)

radzik 11-26-2007 09:53 PM

this is a shove anyway but especially with the bb sitting out. The only reason you wouldnt move if you were playing to get into money which you shouldnt be anyways.

Cawley 11-26-2007 09:57 PM

I really like the call here, with the bb sitting out also to me says he will push here with decent holding i think you have his Ax or Kx crushed though. Can you pm results please mate.

holy32 11-26-2007 10:11 PM

This is a really tough situation. If you think SB will fold like the worst 10-20% of his range, this is a push pf.

If not, then this is a nice spot for a stop n' go...

Beerocrat 11-27-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't really assume he's smart enough to be on atc here

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But as his range gets smaller, shoving gets less profitable.

[ QUOTE ]

still this looks like a clear push. You aren't that far ahead of shorty, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It 'feels' like I am basically calling an all-in with A high and 7BBs left. Is this the wrong way to look at it? I don't know if I win the flip enough to make it profitable.

Beerocrat 11-27-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To those saying push, please show me what i'm not considering:

If you fold you will have 24.93% EQ
If you call/win you will have 36.1% EQ

So you have to win this push 69%+ to be better than folding if you have no FE.

AKo is only 65% vs Random so are we getting enough of that call/win EQ to make this +EV?

(I know this is different from my original analysis of the hand, beer, but I think the stacks were slightly different and my brain fluctuates day-to-day)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your math sounds right to me. And AK only wins enough against weaker aces. I think it is a fold now. At the time, I thought I would see a lot of weaker aces but that isn't a reasonable assumption.

Beerocrat 11-27-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really tough situation. If you think SB will fold like the worst 10-20% of his range, this is a push pf.

If not, then this is a nice spot for a stop n' go...

[/ QUOTE ]

I might not have made it clear that I am SB...